• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to make a spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need help with a spell I am trying to make. I want to add speed reduction to the spell effects how would I do that? This spell is going to use fan of knives as it's template and poison the targets along with slowing them down. So how would I also add the poison dmg over time spell effect? Thanks in advance.

Level 1
For for the slow down part I want it to slow down by percentage. How can i make it slow down by percent? Also since this is using fan of knives it has to work with any units around the hero, damaging them and slowing them down and also poisoning them with dmg over time. Please help

Last edited:
Level 1
Damn this is hard for a beginner like me lol. Anyways let me try to clear this up.

I want to use the fan of knives model. I want the ability to to do an initial damage to the targets that the knives hit, then poison the targets, slowing them by a certain percentage and also doing damage over time.

Here's what i've gotten so far. I tried using shadow strike as a template instead. The problem is that it makes me target a unit instead of releasing the knives and hurting the enemies around the hero with just a click. Also the shadow strike ability doesn't have the Multiple Targets option under the abilities. So how would I do all this? I don't necessarily want it done for me but I want to be guided on how to do it so that I can learn.

PS: I did find the unit in range trigger but I think I am doing it wrong.

Level 1
I got my skill to work now but there's one last thing that is bothering me.

How do I remove the buff icon completely under the units status section? Even if i change the buff image to none it will still be a black space there and if you mouse over it you can still see it. Here's how it looks.

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.