• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trying to color my drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello guys,

I just started to experience with Photoshop and to color stuff.
I used an older picture I've already drawn on paper, scanned it and colored it in photoshop.

This is one of the very first attempts to color anything with photoshop (except the one or other very bad and short try to do anything ^^) It's a random girl, sitting in the gras.. here are 3 WIPs to show the progress (could be more WIPs yeah, but meh..)

Feedback pls!
-> Any suggestions? Something that's missing, or could be added?

more work to come :)

Attachments

• Some Girl 1.jpg
    Some Girl 1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Some Girl 2.jpg
    Some Girl 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Some Girl 3.jpg
    Some Girl 3.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 191
Level 25
You are coloring better than me with that first attempt, and I've been into photoshop for soon 2 years. So it looks great to me :p
What I could say is that you are very (afraid?) to shade too much, it has a lot of lights, but the shaded areas (below her breasts, her right thigh and the right arm especially).

Level 18
Wow I got an answer :)

Thanks for the comment, Yeah it's kinda hard to do the right effects like light and shadow.
While doing those things, I could add here and there a bit more and oh there also.. and finally it's too much, so you have to overwork it :p

But it's my first time coloring something like this. And I pretty like it so far.. yeah still some details are missing, or wrong shaded, but I think it's ok..
I'm doing some more stuff like that, testing and trying other techniques to color it.
Unfortunately I don't have own Internet and therefore can't look up some tutorials, so I have to learn it myself..

More suggestions and tipps&tricks are welcome, would help me a lot to improve my works! :)

Level 25
Well, I sure like it. It is good indeed :). Just the shading that is bothering me a bit. Some minor things I could add for the girl, but that wouldn't have anything to do with the coloring.

Oh, one thing maybe. The grass. It is colored quite weird, because on the girl it looks like the origin of the lights is at the top left of the image. But the grass is shaded like it origins from the lower right, and it is very dark at the top of the hill/lawn/whatever. It makes more sense if the highest part is the lightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.