• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trouble with basic "buy ability" trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been following the guide - Buying abilitys - and have a few questions.
In the first trigger, he uses "Set skill[(Player number of (Owner of triggering unit))] = Inferno". I can only find Set VariableSet skill and I cannot find just the spell "Inferno" anywhere. I can also not find (Level of skill[(Player number of (Owner of triggering unit))] for (Triggering unit)) Less than 1). I just don't know where to find these specific commands when making triggers. Please help!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
That thread is from 2007 so it's safe to assume it's very outdated. That being said, a lot of things stayed the same over the years.

Anyway, skill is an Ability Code variable with an Array (little checkbox enabled that adds these brackets []).

Set VariableSet is the same thing as Set, it's just that Reforged is buggy. It went from just the word Set to Set Variable to now Set VariableSet which is a typo that will probably never get fixed.

(Level of skill[...]) is a Condition found under the Integer Comparison category. It's called "Unit - Level of ability for unit". You can always tell which category a Condition belongs to by it's value, for example:

Less than 1 <-- 1 is an Integer, therefore it's an Integer comparison.
Greater than 1.24 <-- 1.24 is a Real, therefore it's a Real comparison.
Equal to True <-- True is a Boolean, therefore it's a Boolean comparison.

I would try to find a newer tutorial, that one looks pretty bad in my opinion. Those 0.20 second Waits look very unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.