• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trouble importing model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I can't import the CryptFiend model here, i followed the tutorial, changed all the paths as written in the readme.txt and closed then reopened the map however unlike other models i've imported (which i've done with quite a few) this one just remains a missing texture cube and gives me an error.
Below is the map i tried to import it into (i also followed the tutorial for making this post, and if something is out of order please say so).

Attachments

• (8)TheCrucible_Alternate.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Level 29
It uses Textures\Clouds8x8.blp which is no longer a valid path since some patch <= 1.30.1.
Either get the original texture and import it to your map, or do the same with one of the newer variants like Textures\Clouds8x8grey.blp, or modify the path in the model, etc.

I was actually discussing a few days ago on discord about making a script that will show all of the paths that were invalidated in all of the "new" patches since there are many and this issue came up multiple times already that I've seen...maybe I'll continue working on that at some point :s

Level 4
Thanks alot! Will import and see if it works
Edit: nope that wasn't it, still gives me "couldn't load file war3mapImported\ChaosSpider.mdl"

Level 29
Restart WE, assuming you changed the path correctly to Textures\Clouds8x8.blp. I checked it on 1.30.1 and it had no issues once it had a texture with that path.
On a side note, I looked at the new 8x8 versions and you can probably use Clouds8x8Fade.blp which is the same but fades towards the ending of the animation. This means you need to edit the model, but you don't need to import an extra texture. But it also depends on what versions of the game you are using or want to support 🤷‍♀️

Level 4
I changed it properly yes, and i have no idea how to edit models so i shall just give up on this one. Slightly recolored crypt fiend will have to do!

Level 4
Oh my god it did, i think what happened is that the paths in the readme file have "/" instead of "\" and i copied it without noticing, man thanks alot for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.