• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TrollWitch

Initially, i planned to make a Lizardman or Voidwalker model, but then i reconsidered it and thought of better making another Troll model, one we don't see often on the Hive: a Troll Witch! Troll Witches are like priestesses from the Trolls, they've many tasks: healing the wounded, curing the ill, fulfilling rituals, supporting in the field and also weakening enemies. Troll Witches aren't that powerfull casters, their main strength is healing, but they can cause damage nevertheless. Their spells are mainly focusing around empowering, healing or assisting friendly troops, instead of harming enemies. These caster are rarely seen outside of Troll villages or temples. Why is not rly know, but the best guess is that there aren't existing many of them while their tasks are plenty, especially when a tribe is at war. The witches also gather healing herbs, grow edible plants, prepare potions, brew beverages and occasionally, assist the High Priests. Witches are like peasants in the hierarchy of the Troll casters and spiritualists. They're the most common casters with the biggest aray of duties.

Feel free to use it in any way you want! Have fun with it! :wink:

EDIT 1: my thanks to all of my first feedback givers of this model, especially JesusHipster and WhiteDeath for pointing out so many flaws/ideas for improvement. Thanks to you i could improve this model a bit by fixing a few minor issues and adding a back-cover and a headband to the Troll Witch, which hides certain impurities and skin issues (like the gills). Also changed the emitter into something differently demonic. The greenish emitter would rather fit to Demons and Undead, IMO. Coz of this i changed it into a nearly scarlet red one. :wink:

EDIT 2: made some major changes in the shoulders. Now they look and perform more naturally. Also made the seashells a bit smaller and attached them to the chest bone only. They don't stretch anymore. Also removed some unnecessary helper objects and bones to cut the filesize a bit down. The last repair was the badly attached waist. This has also been fixed. Now it's (IMO) much better than before. :wink:

EDIT 3: i just hate tinkering and fixing the same model more than twice, so i decided to completely change the concept rather than continue working on the old version. I just can't stand repairing the same thing more than three times. I removed the shaman's dress and replaced it with the corresponding Troll's legs. Only left the shaman's sash (belt) and also made a few other, minor fixes in the movement and such. :wink:

EDIT 4: just made her hands into fists (as good as possible, replacing them with the troll fists results in a bad model) and also applied a minor fix to the so called skirt. There still is a little skinning issue that can be lived with (not rly noticeable ingames). :wink:

Keywords:
Troll witch, witch, Troll caster, caster, sorceress, female caster, female Troll
Contents

TrollWitch (Model)

TrollWitch (Model)

Reviews
15:22, 8th Apr 2013 Misha: Those shoulders are still very strange.. the seashells stretch with the other mesh, change that. her skirt seems not really well attached to the waist, nor to itself either. hands/arms deform when she sits, and.. dunno what...

M

15:22, 8th Apr 2013
Misha: Those shoulders are still very strange.. the seashells stretch with the other mesh, change that. her skirt seems not really well attached to the waist, nor to itself either. hands/arms deform when she sits, and.. dunno what else.. fix these first

shoulders are much better :p but her skirt is still clipping and behaving odd.., especially in the anim where she meditates. also her hands.. might wanna rethink how she holds that staff.. and also for that same meditating anim.. maybe you could take just those without fingers?

dude, those fingers are looking ridiculous in anims, replace both hands with the normal fist-like version. and that skirt is having major glitches in wrap, at it's front/sides..

19:25, 22nd Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Updated and approved.

17:24, 23rd Jan 2014
Deolrin: Added rating.

Actualy it's much better. Somehow, she seems to be an orc to me:0

Still the lifetime of flame particles and their size could be smaller. And you also can get rid of a terrable stitch on her head, i belive in you.
stitsch on her head? Where? Hm, will wait until more oppinions have gathered before changing it. :wink:

Level 14
Why does she have a hole/indentation in her left hand? When she does her attack spell animation she is not standing properly, you probably rotated the root bone by mistake.
Also some things you should consider:
-her legs are too short
-that seam on her head is kinda too noticeable try to hide it with some hair or some mask.
-on the connection between her upper body and lower body the left and right vertexes are not connected properly
-try hiding the gills on her back,a troll/orc should not have them
-her biceps is curved in a weird way
-rewrap her feet with ether some boots or the naga skin, using the hand with extended fingers it can be made to look like a foot.
Good idea on using the naga summoner skin for a female orc/troll.

Level 8
Your model is not bad. I like that, but her skin is lighter than other trolls. You can fix it easy. Your icon is good, i set 5/5! for your model and icon. Good luck on another model.
Also, can you create more human units? I very like them. :D

When i sometims don't like your style, i must admit this one is awsome.
Thx a lot. :ogre_hurrhurr:

you are incridible uncle :D 5/5 I like all your models without exeption !!
ty :ogre_haosis: I'm glad you like them :grin:

this looks pretty cool, only her shoulders and abdomen are looking a little funny to me
lol :grin:

Uncle, you don't stop making awesome stuff, do you? <3

Keep up the amazing work!
ty :ogre_hurrhurr: I'll try. :wink:

What, no Jungle Troll?

*sniff* :p
:vw_unimpressed:

this is a orc, but it says troll, oh no, I AM SO CONFUSSED!
But its good nontheless.
ty, but why is it an Orc? :vw_wtf:

Why does she have a hole/indentation in her left hand? When she does her attack spell animation she is not standing properly, you probably rotated the root bone by mistake.
Also some things you should consider:
-her legs are too short
-that seam on her head is kinda too noticeable try to hide it with some hair or some mask.
-on the connection between her upper body and lower body the left and right vertexes are not connected properly
-try hiding the gills on her back,a troll/orc should not have them
-her biceps is curved in a weird way
-rewrap her feet with ether some boots or the naga skin, using the hand with extended fingers it can be made to look like a foot.
Good idea on using the naga summoner skin for a female orc/troll.
A hole you say? Will take a closer look again. :eekani:
As for your suggestions:
-rotation in the root bone? Will check that out too, though i didn't edit anything on it.
-the length of legs is a matter of taste, but i guess it's worth taking a look.
-yeah the face issue has been pointed out already from Jesus Hipster. I've already an idea of how to hide it. :wink:
-hm, the gills are odd, but can be hidden as well.
-curved in a strange way? :eekani:
-why Naga skin? The ears are also ''trollish''. Nia, boots don't quite fit to trolls, IMO.

All in all: thx for the good and many suggestions and comments. :thumbs_up:

Your model is not bad. I like that, but her skin is lighter than other trolls. You can fix it easy. Your icon is good, i set 5/5! for your model and icon. Good luck on another model.
Also, can you create more human units? I very like them. :D
Thx a lot, my friend! :ogre_hurrhurr: What kind of human units? I'm planning to make more Haradrim and LOTR stuff in the future, so maybe some of them might fight your needs. :wink:

It's a forest troll, duh!

I really like it, but perhaps you should add some small tusks, as even female trolls have those.
Tusts? Now where you say it, i see what i forgot.... :vw_sad:

Level 51
WhiteDeath already pointed out most of the things, I'd like to point out a few things, which might look better when changed.

- Give the hair a more detailled (campaign screen one, or a teamcoloured troll one) texture, the maiev one looks odd.
- as WhiteDeath already told, change the texture of the feet. That dirty dark green doesn't fit at all with the clean naga texture.
- Do something with those sea shells at her breasts, they look really bad IMO and doesn't fit at all.
- Try to wrap the cloth robe in a way, so it goes through in one round --> no ugly line at the sides.

WhiteDeath already pointed out most of the things, I'd like to point out a few things, which might look better when changed.

- Give the hair a more detailled (campaign screen one, or a teamcoloured troll one) texture, the maiev one looks odd.
- as WhiteDeath already told, change the texture of the feet. That dirty dark green doesn't fit at all with the clean naga texture.
- Do something with those sea shells at her breasts, they look really bad IMO and doesn't fit at all.
- Try to wrap the cloth robe in a way, so it goes through in one round --> no ugly line at the sides.
will take another look tomorrow at this model. :vw_unimpressed:

The base model for this has been very overused, and I don't normally like to see more models based on it.

But what you've done is different and good enough for me to approve of it.

This is a really cool model, I'm giving you a 4/5.

As for improvements, they've already been sufficiently covered in others' suggestions.
thx a lot :ogre_hurrhurr:

This looks more like an orc than a troll, also, you should make one of those lizardmen people thingies.
lol :ogre_hurrhurr: I know, they look very similar in WoW as well. The major differences are that Troll females can have tusks (even if they're small) and they're taller, but lighter-built than female orcs. I'm also thinking about changing her ears' texture to frost troll and her body texture to Naga Siren. This would make her more teal/blueish, which makes it easier to tell her apart from Orcs and oversized Goblins. :wink:

I'm planning to make Lizardmen too, but first i want to finish my troll legiones and another surprise-model. If you want to know what the surprise model is going to be, try to solve this riddle: ''What walks like a spider, shoots like a tank and is neither undead or nerubian, nor a living creature?'' :wink: Just be warned, it's a tricky one. :wink:

Level 24
Now this is what a troll should look like, tall and skinny. However the entire upper body looks like a rectangle, that's something you might want to update.