• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Watcher

Troll Watcher
197328-bd4b424a0a347586486b8c5ef22e99fd.png
A unit of version of my Darkspear Troll Watcher.
Base Model Credits
Unit Type
Melee Unit
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Previews
Contents

Troll Watcher (Model)

Troll Watcher Alternate (Model)

Troll Watcher Icon (Icon)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A fine troll warrior model. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 59
I think those armour pieces are a little bit too huge, heavy and obtrusive, but other than that, I love it. More troll models is always good, especially melee ones.

You might also look into re-wrapping his chest and toes.
Thanks. :smile:
I am fine with how the armor looks since this model is meant to be a high tier unit so I want it to look bulkier (That means I will make a low tier melee unit :grin: ).
The chest texture of the Batrider is half only so it will look bad so I used the back texture and also the skin color is different compared to the other trolls so I decided to not change the chest and toes. :smile:

Level 48
Last edited:
Level 59
Level 17
I don't mind the Armor personally, especially since it has no spikes, just good ol sturdy armor, perhaps suited for a melee Troll variant, but i will point out that you should be careful of less transparency on those pieces (since i think in modeling when a TC piece has more transparency/alpha its brighter), it already looks dark/maroonish with default Red, and even more so with Maroon itself. just keep an eye out for that 🤏

The attack animations also look glitchy or stuttering ? whichever is the right word, there is only one model i can recall that also has similar weirdish attack animations is This Campaign Footman.

But other then that i like the model, i like the ensnare animation, the bright mohawk and the shield with 2 strings of TC. 👌