• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Triggers] Am I.. doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I remember doing lots of things like this back in WarCraft 3.. but..

I'm remaking Hero Wars for me and my friends, terrains down, everything, yadda yadda yadda, you'll probably see me complaining about some things for it soon too. (If.. sc2mapster doesnt help).

Anyways, to the topic.

I'm making it so a unit enters a region, and they'll be immediatley move to the said region..

But in StarCraft 2, the beacons are considered units (they are in WarCraft 3 too but), and will move WITH the trigger, so if you try and make one of those choose-your-hero classic beacon-choosing methods, it'll move the beacon along with the unit...

So I made a trigger, and added conditions that excluded all the beacons on the map (using Unit != to).. but it still moves them.

Screenshot:

triggernotworking.jpg

EDIT: Yes it says "Picked unit" in the trigger, which is wrong, but I changed it to Triggering unit, and it works for all beacons except one.

Its the exact same condition as all the other beacons, but it still moves.

This is all one big wasted trigger.. ^

Use this.. it's a screenshot of my "choose country" trigger from "The Alternate Future".

Edit: Basically.. use regions.. not units.

Edit2: No, really, your trigger is full of useless crap. Staring at it hurts my eye balls, and has caused me to edit my post twice just to express how useless your trigger just really is (no offense <3)

Event: ((unit type) or (specific unit)) enters (region)
Variables:
Conditions:
Actions: (blah blah blah)

And so forth.

Trigger-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.