• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Triggers aborting in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
EDIT: FIXED. It seems like it is auto-cleaning up some locations, so the location I am trying to spawn the unit in the example below is non-existant. I changed it to spawn at TempPoint2 and it worked. It seems to me like under some conditions, it will clean up locations. Not sure exactly what those conditions are yet.

The following is the original post:

I recently cleaned up a bunch of memory leaks, and a bunch of my triggers stopped working properly. All of them were either using a loop or recursive triggers and they always abort after the first thing they do...

Here's an example:

trigger_ex_1.png

What happens is, it does this trigger once, but it seems like it fails to create the unit that would cause the trigger to fire again. There are a few other triggers that go with this, but they are working properly. This only stopped working after I fixed the location leaks.

It seems to me like removing a location that I just "instantly" moved a unit to will cause the trigger to abort. Why is this, and how can I fix it without leaving a memory leak in?

Last edited:
Level 2
You need to set PusherAngle somewhere. Also use the
  • tags to post triggers properly here. Use 'Copy as Text' in the Trigger Editor and past it between the trigger tags.[/QUOTE]
  • I did set it, in another trigger that executes before this one. Even if I didn't, it would default to 0.0 and my unit would be moved towards the same angle no matter what.
  • The problem is that it only moves once, and the trigger aborts.

Level 2
Yes, I double checked the custom value, the variables, etc...

Fact is, this all worked until I fixed the location leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.