• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggering dodging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on a hero ability that would give him a buff that would work like drunken brawler, except this buff would be dispellable and only target himself.

Everything up to the critical strike i know how to take care of, but i'm not sure how you'd effieciently do a miss ability.

I was thinking of having a chance simply to cancel out the damage taken (simply deal negative the damage taken)

But i was wondering if that's 100% workable (ie if someone were to land a killing blow, and you were supposed to dodge, if you'd die instead). I alsowant it to still make one vulnerable to spells.

So is there a better way of doing this? I'd like to know.

Level 10
im assuming you hide it using a spell book skill?

[edit] i can get it to work for attacking units using the method i suggested right at the begining but for some reason it can't dodge the bonus damage from spells like bash. Is there a way around this (perhaps from checking that they hit before they deal the damage and triggering the bonus damage?)

It's just because i wanted to make a custom coloured dodge for my hero. but only specific to him. among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.