• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with jump system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm making a hero for a aos map i'm working on and he's supposed to have a special jump ability.

The ability function in itself is simple; he jumps in an arc a short distance and it is meant to dodge spells and become more maneuverable. However i've only been able to achieve this by making him invulnerable. The only problem is this is a spamable spell so he becomes invulnerable quite a lot and i'm woried that when all is said and done he'd be too unbalanced because of this ability to dodge everything so easily.

What i'm looking for is the ability to dodge spells that were cast on him before he jumped (ie targeting spells like storm bolt) but get hit by anything cast after regardless of where he is in the air (so he'd dodge a storm bolt if it was cast before he jumped but get hit if he jumped and then it was cast on him), and also not make him invulnerable but rather just considered a flying unit and avoided by units that can only target ground as well as spells that only affect ground units.

I tried changing his clasification but that didn't work as even when he was considered (according to the trigger) an air unit, the ground units still attacked him.

Aside form that, i want to know if addingspell immunity, then taking it away would cancel the damage of all spells designated on him so that he would dodge damage from spells.

Level 6
What you could do is move the original hero somewhere off the map so that no-one can see him and then create another unit exactly the same only with flying and spell immunity etc. then switch them back when he lands.

Level 6
Rui, What is your post trying to say? It says in his original post that he is using triggers. Your post is completly irrelevent. Next time read the entire thing.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Xeridanus said:
Rui, What is your post trying to say? It says in his original post that he is using triggers. Your post is completly irrelevent. Next time read the entire thing.

And to reply to your sweety comment;

1. Turn Pathing Off for the Hero 2. Add Elunes Grace with 100% Mana Immunity

GG! Final point, spam over.

EDIT: Ah and this is Topic Necromancy.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.