• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger-Turn On | Not Working | Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all,I am working on a massive project.I need some help.
In campaigns,We have scenes,right?Well,We also have Quests in Campaigns.So I created some quests and also made a "Main Quest Discovered" thingy.It showed up right at the time I was watching the scenes.(While testing.)
So,I tried this:
In the Scene trigger,I placed a trigger in the end. "Trigger-Turn On" to turn on the Quest Trigger so it would show at the time the scene was done.But then It didn't work at all.
I unchecked the "Initially On" box so it was Initially off.I did it coz it would turn on by the trigger in the scenes trigger after the scenes were finished.
So,I don't think the trigger was switched on properly.Any help on this would be appreciated.
Moreover,I have some Issues with some specific models.Some custom models not working in my Editor nor the Real Game.
Also,How do you create that black screen thingy when the game starts and after it the scene is shown.
Another thing,Making Cinematics (Scenes) ain't my Strongsuit.If you know of a Tutorial or something that would help,Please mention it.Thx.
One more thing,How do I make a trigger in which two events need to be executed in order for the actions to run?In my triggers,If even one of the Events is complete,The actions are executed which is something I don't like.
Just one last thing,How do I create a Variable For Quest Requirement?I tried it and it didn't work.I set up the Variables and Configured their values properly but they did not work.However,When I tried it like "Set Variable = (last created quest requirement)"
Then it worked fine.I don't get this.
Any help would be appreciated.Thanks a lot,Folks!

Level 12
"turn on" is different than "run trigger ignoring/checking conditions"

And for the black fade you should be able to find it under "cinematic" category, tho i never used it so you'll have to s search around to find which one it is exactly

Level 12
If you're importing models you gotta make sure you did it correctly. After importing it save the map, and if it still doesn't show up then close the editor and reopen it.
And for the triggers, it's best to post them so we can see what you're trying to achieve, you could add conditions to make sure the actions run only when you need them to

Level 3
Ok,Here they are.
I've uploaded the triggers in which I have a problem.
There are two events but I want both of them to be completed before the Trigger starts.

Additionally,I have uploaded the Import Manager so you can see if the models have something wrong in the paths,etc.

Attachments

• Trigger.PNG
    Trigger.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Imports.PNG
    Imports.PNG
    101.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 12
In the conditions just put 2 Boolean comparisons checking if they are dead.

When importing skins you have to set a correct path. Example:
Screenshot_1.png

This path can be found on the skin download page usually.

When importing models it doesn't matter but as I said you need to reset the editor if you see things not showing properly.

Importing icons is a 2 step process. You need to import a normal icon and a disabled icon
Normal icon goes to: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNName.blp
Disabled icon goes to: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNName.blp

Level 3
the paths arent mentioned on the download page.they just say
"this is my first model"
"changelog
fixed xyz
updated xyx
changed xyz"
other stuff.

nothing else.
The moderators just say
"approved! works ingame and satisfies map submission rules"

EDIT:The Guldan Model worked at first when I first tried it but when I tried to change its size through Object Editor,It didn't work any further and it showed a green-black box in WE and only showed a Shadow in The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.