• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a way to create a system -or tool- that allows us to detect bugged triggers faster?

I ideated one and it's functions, but I can't create it (I don't know how):

1) It displays the name of the recently ran triggers as game text for the player to record, displaying trigger name, times ran and the time at which it ran.
2) It allows you to discard triggers from being displayed as text by typing commands. You could, by example, discard ALL triggers and then only allows a few ones. With the commands being "discard -trigger name-" or "allows -trigger name-"
3) It allows you to disable/enable triggers by typing commands.

Level 12
@Darkfang I have certainly not seen one of those for vanilla war3 / Editor.
There may be some for some of the custom Editors or "hacked" war3.

You could create one for yourself pretty easily(-ish) although, it may take annoyingly long time if you have not planned your map with that from the beginning. And also, it would be pretty annoying to scrape it off for a release version as what I am thinking of would have to be incorporated in your triggers if you are using GUI.

regards
-Ned

@Darkfang I have certainly not seen one of those for vanilla war3 / Editor.
There may be some for some of the custom Editors or "hacked" war3.

You could create one for yourself pretty easily(-ish) although, it may take annoyingly long time if you have not planned your map with that from the beginning. And also, it would be pretty annoying to scrape it off for a release version as what I am thinking of would have to be incorporated in your triggers if you are using GUI.

regards
-Ned

There are some "code error detectors" but the idea would be to track bugs in a huge library, but well, It might be too complex to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.