• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trigger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi, i am currently making a map wiith waves and theres seems to be some kind of problem wich i think is the triggers. the problem is, well, the first,second and third waves are fine they send the units i want to send, but the fourth and the rest start including other units i did not want to add in that wave, i have attached the map if you want to take a look at it. thank you. (and i know the map kinda sucks but im still working on it,just use cheats)

Attachments

• star waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 8
your triggers almost make no sense!
problem is that you set timer as repeating.
First waves go well because when timer expires first time you activate all your waves.

Then it expires second time: wave 1 was turned off but rest triggers are activated again + wave2 (that was started with first expiration) is done with wait 30 seconds part and only then turns off itself.
even if wave2 is now turned off it will go one more time because turn off prevents trigger from starting not from execution.

Next level expires again: wave 2 could be turned off like wave 1 was, I don't know. But you activate all other waves again. now wave3 (that was started with first expiration) is done with wait action + wave2 (that was started with next expiration) also is done with wait 30 seconds action.
Right now all waves above 3 are started 3 times

...I think you get the point what is happening.

Level 8
I see you already use unit-type variable with array where you set all wave enemy.
then you can use only one trigger for all waves:
  • wave
    • Events
      • Time - Nextlevel expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 unittype[LVL] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 10 unittype[LVL] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 10 unittype[LVL] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set LVL = (LVL + 1)

Level 13
you need to remove location leaks.....

set YourVariabeTypePoint = (somewhere)
use YourVariabeTypePoint (as many times you want until you want to change it)
Custom script:call RemoveLocation(udg_NameOfYourVariabeTypePoint)

for example...

set POINT (somewhere)
use POINT
Custom scrip:call RemoveLocation(udg_POINT)

Status
Not open for further replies.