• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger leak please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi people ....

i have tested my map with hives Vjass checker to see if it has any leaks.
and it showed me that this trigger below has a leak. i have 4 abilites that uses this same method of damaging units in aoe and all of them were shown as leaks .
please help me to ether fix this or if not i dont know that much about triggers only basics so if you could help me make a trigger that deals aoe damage ...
this has leak.png

The leak comes from not Removeing the location-object "Taget point of ability beeing cast".
You should use the "Event A unit starts the effect of an ability", "begins casting" does not support target point and can be exploited , no manacosts/cooldown, by ordering stop while casting.
  • Lightning
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Your Spell
    • Actions
      • Set Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 1.30 seconds of radius 350.00 at Loc, dealing 180.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)

Level 17
yes thanks both of you someone else explaind and helped me with this problem by opening a conversation in my PV inbox
nontheless thank you...
im now aware of the problem and will fix it according to what you have shown me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You might want to use a for group loop to damage targets individually rather than damaging an area. Damaging an area will damage all units in the area, allies included. If one wants collision accuracy with a for group loop then one must enum in a bigger radius and then apply a unit in range test as part of the filter.

Level 17
i am aware if this
but frankly its somthing that its more realistic for me to have...
an area of effect spell no matter what unit is in the area (similar to blizzard and rain of fire) are logical to damage allies as well.

instead of just damaging enemies while alliese are also in the area making it look like some kind of magic shield is magically preventing allied units from taking damage from

a Fire Explosion
a direct lightning strike form the sky
an aoe ability that cracks the earth causing an explosion (sort of like a mini earth quake)

(some of the abilites i made using that method ...)

thinking about it damaging buildings i can add a bracer ability to them so they wont take damage but tbh...
these abilites do have a good realistic potential to damage buildings so i dont see any problem,

but whichever i do see and fully understand your point.

Level 17
then since all of them are set to deal spell damage i might as well give THESE Invulnerable units/Items and (not really sure about destructables,) a bracer ability is a good idea, since they are not really a part of combat its cool to make give them this.
but i might have not paid attention to for this trigger being able to damage items and Invulnerable units since i already used bracers ability on my units and also used abilites that deal spell damage with or without triggers and saw that its cool it isent giving damage ...
i thought that if this works then Invulnerable units cant be damaged at all
well i didnt know about that so i must say thanks again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.