• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Leak in trigger (can't make out where it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi.

I have have a leak in my map and found that the leak comes from this trigger. (Did a few tests while watching Windows Task Manager, and I'm definate that this trigger is causing a small leak)

My map is a tower defense map. Basically what this trigger does it that it clears dummy towers created by another trigger (the main anti-juggle trigger), if there are no more creeps in the player's zone.

I tried to follow memory leak tutorials but I don't find anything else that might leak that is mentioned in the tutorials. I plugged as many leaks as I could already, but the problem is that it still leaks (around 4 KB per few seconds).

The screenshot is just part of the trigger (of 2 player zones). The rest of the trigger is just basically a copy and paste of the first part.

2rypxs5.jpg

Would appreciate if you could spot the leak. Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 3
No more leaks now, but
I didn't use that because I have some experiences that if I use a destroy variable custom script the variable might become unusable (cannot add new data to it).

It happened again.

I destroyed the unit group variable at the start of a trigger, then tried to use "Add Unit to Group" to add a unit to it. But it doesn't work. Any clues?

21n1h1g.jpg

Level 17
No more leaks now, but
I didn't use that because I have some experiences that if I use a destroy variable custom script the variable might become unusable (cannot add new data to it).

It happened again.

I destroyed the unit group variable at the start of a trigger, then tried to use "Add Unit to Group" to add a unit to it. But it doesn't work. Any clues?

21n1h1g.jpg

SirNikolas got right, u destroyed the group and after u destroyed u want add unit to non existing group

example if u made every action with that units and group dont need anymore then u can destroy or before u use pick all unit to your group
maybe u thought u want clear the previous units from group but for that use
  • Unit Group - Remove all units from (your unit group)

Status
Not open for further replies.