• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sorry I posted this but I couldn't seem to find a tutorial for it anywhere, and if there are I didn't know what to look for because all I can do is describe it, I wouldn't know what to call it.

I don't know i any of you are familiar with the game "Dynasty Warriors." But I am making a map based off this game. In the game you get reinforcements periodically from your "Gate." I have the gate's set up and working properly, but in Dynasty Warriors if you kill the "Gate Captain" you take control of the gate, right now it is rigged to turn the gate off for the owning player, but what I want it to do is give the player who killed the Gate Captain, 1 Gate Captain, 4 Gate Guards and give that player control of the gate. So basically the gate switched owners. I'm sure you catch my drift, help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Level 8
OK well the trigger that say periodicly to creat 1 gate captain facing default building degrees to player 1 red. you should creat a trigger that if the gate switches owner that trigger is disable and another one is enabled were the new owner of the gate gets the created unit. post the map and i can do it for u its real sinmple just hard to describe.

Level 13
The unit creating trigger should be like

Every ... seconds
Create ... units for (variable) "gatePlayer".

Then you just need another trigger:

Event: Unit dies
Condition: Dying unit = gate keepre
Event: Set gatePlayer = owner of killing unit.
create 1 gate keeper for gatePlayer
create 4 gate Guards for gatePlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.