• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger editor? help, any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i just want ur opinion/suggestion concerning the ff., i really like zymeth's heavy rain ability so i try to create a hero in w3ft where enemies will be strike by lightning when they attack my hero. this s what i did i put 6 neutral pas flying units w/ max flying height in my map and i set 3 of these units can attack only flying units and the others can attack only ground. i give lightning ability to these units and set artilliary so that their target will explode upon death. in the initialization category i added the action hide for these units. i made another category and the event= a unit is attacked, condition=unit type of attack unit is eq to lich and unit typ of attckng u not eq to lich, action= move (flying unit)to the position of attacking unit and order (flying unit) to attack attackng unit. of course in ths case ther would be 6 action for 6 flying units. any suggestion? because if want to order flying units to cast spells (fork lightnng, finger..etc) my map would be crowded w/ units.

Level 3
im not sure if this is what u wanted cuz i didnt bothered reading whole post but maybe u can use it:
lightning strike
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Is attacked
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Hero
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacking unit)) using Doodads\Cinematic\Lightningbolt\Lightningbolt.mdl
Unit - Set life of (Attacking unit) to ((Life of (Attacking unit)) - xx.xx)
Wait x.xx seconds
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

Level 3
you can also add this 2 lines to make attacking unit go bit black (like its been burning), and explode on death
Actions
Animation - Change (Attacking unit)'s vertex coloring to (20.00%, 20.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Unit - Make (Attacking unit) Explode on death
add them before 'Wait'

Status
Not open for further replies.