• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changing "Flying"-Height of ground units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, I have some problems concerning the changing of some ground units' flying heights:

- negative flying heights don't work at all, even if I used them in object editor, war3 restores them to 0

- do I have to add+remove the "crow form" ability each time I change the flying height of a ground unit or only one time at the beginning and is this the correct ability?

- do these actions work at map initialization or only during gameplay?

Any help to one or more of these questions/problems? I look forward to your answers! :)

Level 10
1) The problem is not to change the value in the WE, the game just seems to ignore negative flying heights. Is that normal or may my map have another bug?!

2) OK, at least I got the correct ability. :)
Does anybody know if I have to readd it or not?

3) Thanks for the information.

And thanks for fast answer in general! :)

Level 4
you only have to add and remove the ability once in the game..i suggest at the begining and than whala u can change the flying high all throughout the game. also the negative value thing...what is a negative flying hight...consider this(think in real life) standing on the ground is 0 flying high obviously. if you go above the ground the flying height increases now think about standing on the ground(at 0)and sinking into the earth..are you still flying?anyway i have never tried to make units walk under a map? but i doubt you can do it so ya its probably normal

Level 10
Thanks for the information with the ability.
And concerning the negative flying height: of course it's not natural but walking in the air is not natural, too, is it?! :wink:
Anyway, I want to show units sitting, and what's easier for that than cutting the feet?

Level 4
I think you can get around the crow form thing by giving the unit 1 initial flying height. Nobody will ever notice. As far as negative flying heights, I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.