• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Problem changing a units flying height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok heres the deal. I know how to change a unit's flying height useing dummy units (thats a piece of cake), but i had heard that someone once found a way to change a units flying height without useing dummy units. This would be INCREDIBLY helpful for this new map im making were all abilitys are made useing triggers. Someone plz tell me how to do this. Thanks! :D

Level 3
Simply Adding and removing the crow form ability to a unit allows you to set that units fly height for the rest of the game.

Level 7
Im pretty sure that the crow form ability isnt the way to do it. Firstly i do beleive theres a bug in the game were if a hero were to cast crow form it would reset there stats when they got back to normal. Secondly an ability icon would show up on the unit which wouldnt look right. :(

Level 3
Im pretty sure that the crow form ability isnt the way to do it. Firstly i do beleive theres a bug in the game were if a hero were to cast crow form it would reset there stats when they got back to normal. Secondly an ability icon would show up on the unit which wouldnt look right. icon_sad.gif

That Couldnt be furthest from the truth. You dont cast the Crow Form Ability. You simply add the ability and remove the ability. Example:

Code:
Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 1000.00 at 100.00

Level 7
i already know how to change units flying height, im not that big a newb, im actually pretty good with triggers. Ive tried changeing a units flying height to one, but i think theres a bug in the game that makes it look more like 20 or so. I could change the unit to be targeted as a ground unit and change its classification to a flying unit, but im not sure if i could do that and have it set to default 0 flying height. Also, the crow form ability cant work because it changes the unit. it doesnt just classify it as a flying unit.

Level 3
Also, the crow form ability cant work because it changes the unit. it doesnt just classify it as a flying unit.

Well im not sure what your trying to achieve, but from your initial post, you posed the question of how to make a unit fly without using dummy units. And im telling you, its proven the most efficient way to do this is doing the exact method i posted earlier. Your NOT using the crow form ability. Your NOT changing the unit. Your simply adding and removing the ability and then setting the units fly height. Please, at least try that method out before assuming it won't work.

Level 7
Ok so let me get this straight. Im just adding and removeing the ability from the unit and changeing its flying height. i am NOT actually activateing the ability. ok. one last question though. how do i make it so the icon for an ability wont show up and it wont even look like the unit has another ability attached? Oh and thanks for the help. Ill give it a try as soon as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.