• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triger Land editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Can you please tell me how to reset the landscape triggered by the trigger? If you can throw off an example! I would be grateful for your help!

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Everything related to the "landscape" can be found in the Environment category in the Actions:
  • Actions
    • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
^ You can only use tiles that your map is already using in it's tileset.

You can't do anything to cliffs/water but you can change the terrain type and destroy units/destructibles.

Level 4
Everything related to the "landscape" can be found in the Environment category in the Actions:
  • Actions
    • Environment - Change terrain type at (Center of (Playable map area)) to Lordaeron Summer - Dirt using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
^ You can only use tiles that your map is already using in it's tileset.

You can't do anything to cliffs/water but you can change the terrain type and destroy units/destructibles.
Thank you for your feedback. I already use it. But I cannot adjust the height and depth((((

Level 4
Use the crater deformation Actions to create hills/pits. You can't create/remove Cliffs though.
Zeroing the terrain does not work when trying to use this method. There are no articles on the Internet on how to return a landscape to its original meaning. It baffles the work done😔

Level 4
Используйте Действия деформации кратера, чтобы создать холмы / ямы. Однако вы не можете создавать / удалять скалы.

Attachments

• Level Loader.w3x
    102.6 KB · Views: 15

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
There's two functions to do so:
  • Actions
    • Environment - Stop (Last created terrain deformation) over 0.00 seconds
    • Environment - Stop all active terrain deformations instantly

If you wanted to store a terrain deformation and remove it at a later time you could do this:
  • Actions
    • Environment - Create a 0.50 second Permanent crater deformation at (Center of (Playable map area)) with radius 512.00 and depth 64.00
    • Set VariableSet deformation = (Last created terrain deformation)
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
    • Environment - Stop deformation over 0.00 seconds

Level 4
  • Actions

If you wanted to store a terrain deformation and remove it at a later time you could do this:
  • Actions
    • Environment - Create a 0.50 second Permanent crater deformation at (Center of (Playable map area)) with radius 512.00 and depth 64.00
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
Now I realized my mistake! Thank you! :peasant-victory:

Level 4
  • Actions

• Actions
    • Wait 2.00 seconds
I hastened to answer. I repent! It won't work if you create multiple regions over a long period of time.

Level 4
LvL Loader Triger. I tried to write each surface to a variable and zero it separately. Doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64

So after testing it seems like terrain deformations are currently bugged. This Create trigger works fine but the Clear trigger doesn't Stop them:
  • Create deformations
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing create as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer DeformationLoop) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet DeformationPoint = (Random point in (Playable map area))
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at DeformationPoint with radius 512.00 and depth 64.00
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DeformationPoint)
          • Set VariableSet DeformationIndex = (DeformationIndex + 1)
          • Set VariableSet Deformation[DeformationIndex] = (Last created terrain deformation)
  • Clear deformations
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing clear as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer DeformationLoop) from 1 to DeformationIndex, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Environment - Stop Deformation[DeformationLoop] over 0.00 seconds
      • Set VariableSet DeformationIndex = 0
Unfortunate but that's Warcraft 3 for you...

Attachments

• Terrain Deformation example.w3m
    16.7 KB · Views: 9
Level 4

So after testing it seems like terrain deformations are currently bugged. This Create trigger works fine but the Clear trigger doesn't Stop them:
  • Create deformations
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing create as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer DeformationLoop) from 1 to 50, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet DeformationPoint = (Random point in (Playable map area))
          • Environment - Create a 0.01 second Permanent crater deformation at DeformationPoint with radius 512.00 and depth 64.00
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_DeformationPoint)
          • Set VariableSet DeformationIndex = (DeformationIndex + 1)
          • Set VariableSet Deformation[DeformationIndex] = (Last created terrain deformation)
  • Clear deformations
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing clear as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer DeformationLoop) from 1 to DeformationIndex, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Environment - Stop Deformation[DeformationLoop] over 0.00 seconds
      • Set VariableSet DeformationIndex = 0
Unfortunate but that's Warcraft 3 for you...
Sorry, but what version of Warcraft do you have? Can't get over the language barrier. Card does not start((((

Level 4
I'm on the latest patch. Anyway, the map isn't anything special since it doesn't work. It just has those two triggers I posted.
Thanks again for your help. The problem was a trigger leak in Warcraft 1.26. After finishing the terrain change, the terrain deformation disappears from the map and cannot be tracked! By replacing the warp variable with a point and using the inverse warp we can completely align the map. Add example

Attachments

• Down-Not Down.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.