• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I trying to make a item charge up after finish an attack but i can't:vw_wtf:
I use "A unit is attacked" then if i press stop before it stop then the triger active:vw_sad:.
How can i make triger only active after it finish attacked.
I seen some kind spell in dota like stat steal of slark ( only steal after it finish a hit), Overchanger of storm, blah blah...
How can i make a item, ability work like that.
Sorry for my bad english :(

Level 20
The attack is dealt a bit before the damage is dealt. The most precise way it using a Damage Detection System, like Damage Engine, or Weep's GDD.

Centaur Aura works with Attacking Unit, since it damages units before he takes the damage.

Level 8
i just Damage Dection but if i let the unit having flame coat then it count hit countless time.... i want make a spell that active for every X hit but if i use damage event then i active for every unit that i DAMAGE by cleave attack or spell. so how can it ONLY active with attack hit.
Btw, How can i change tool tip in game? I know some map that having ability with random tool tip ( it DO NOT reset cooldown when it change tool tip ---> it is no replace ability)

Level 20
About Tooltip:
Every ability/Unit/item has a Text- Tooltip at the bottom of the list. Item Abilities doesn't. You have to turn them into Unit Abilities in order to edit it. Which map you saw having random tooptips? Most map with random tooptips (like TKOK) are actually Multiboard used with trackables and complex scripting to build items and items info, and items effects in units.

About detecting Hit: You have to create your own conditions to exclude units from specific triggered effects involving Damage Event.

"A unit is attacked" event happens when the unit plays the attack animation, but damage ussualy is dealt at half of attack animation. You can see the first values of Combat data fields in units and check the Attack Animation and Backswing animation, both are ussually 0.500. When a unit is attacked, you can save a value in the Key of the attacking unit, and when damage is dealt, you can change that value to whatever you want, and play with those values in the trigger conditions.

If that was too hard, just use Damage Engine, made by Bribe, which allows intuitive damage detection.

Level 20
Well... Damage Engine is supposed to work with intuitive damage detection (know where damage came from and damage type) but I don't know how it works.

Dota doesn't have random tooptips. As far as I know, there's no access thorugh JASS to tooltips. They are fixed from the object editor. If you see "Random tooltips" probable there are several abilities with same cosmetics or effects but different tooltips.

Status
Not open for further replies.