• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trickster Spell Ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making a Trickster race for my map and I'm a bit stuck on spells. I don't really need triggers or anything unless you want to make it, I just need ideas from creative part of the community.
The more ideas you can think of, the better.
Spells should be prank-styled if possible.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You should have posted this in the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/

Anyway, you should define more what you mean with Trickster. I got 2 ideas of what you might be meaning, but it could be either one.

1. A satyr caster
wowwiki.com said:
Satyr tricksters are the satyr version of the contender. They are satyr rogues who distinguish themselves — or show a certain penchant for painful traps and ambushes. Satyr tricksters revere and mimic Lord Xavius' manipulations of his enemies.

2. A unit type called trickster, image bellow.
293520.jpg

Level 21
Disorient: Causes enemies within a wide area to abandon their current orders and move to random nearby locations.

Mana Leak: Temporarily curses a single target which causes 20% of their maximum mana to drain whenever they use a spell.

Enfeebling Backfire: Temporarily curses a single target to have its attack and movement speed reduced whenever it physically attacks. If the unit is already under the slowing effect, its debuff is intensified (using a higher level dummy slow spell).

Deception: Causes all nearby allies in a small radius to become invisible for a very short time. Units under this effect also gain a 10% damage bonus until after their first attack (inspired by Windwalk's backstab damage) or the invisibility buff runs out.

Greed Bomb: Plants an item on the ground which explodes upon pickup dealing damage to all nearby units. The fake item should have an invisible indicator (using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe) to warn allies of it. The bomb can blow the indicator as well, so you don't have to track it as a variable of any kind.

Level 1
Dopple Blink - Blinks out of combat leaving a copy of himself which explodes in a short moment. (It's up to you if the explosion causes stun, silence, slow or damage.)

Phantom Menace - unit becomes a shadow, granting movement speed, evasion and attack speed for a short duration.

Trick Shot/Strike - strikes a target giving random negative effects or random amount of damage.

Sense Distortion - Distorts the senses of the target unit causing him to receive extra damage.

Just make some spells that focuses on hit and run or escape, but as you said that the spells is for a certain race i suggest that make spells that is basic and not too complicated but the above examples are good for Trickster hero. Hope this helped! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.