• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trial of Power 0.1.11

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Trial of Power
created by eugene
ToP v0.1.11

Brief Description

Trial of Power is a competitive PvP based arena type of map in which players have one ultimate goal and that is to reach a required amount of kills first.
In this map, gameplay is adjusted for players to be team oriented. It also allows players to become creative based on their preferred playstyle. A player can choose to focus on empowering one unit or also build an army.

Features

There are 3 main points in the map - the Team Territory, the Jungle, and the Center.

Team territories are on the bottom-left and top-right quadrants of the map. Each team has full vision of their territories, giving them powerful advantage against opposing invading team especially during the night.

The jungle are on the top-left and bottom-right quadrants of the map and a team's jungle is on their adjacent left or right. Unlike territories, the jungle is fogged and can be unpredictable.

And the lastly, the center is where all for quadrants are connected.

Game Currencies

Gold - is the primary currency for buying items.

Honor
- is gained by achievements and can be exchanged to the Exchange Merchant.

Unit Capacity
- the food that limits the training of units.

Creeping

The following are the types of creeps, from strongest to weakest:

Hydra - is a powerful unit that appears on the center when the battle drags on. The killing team will be rewarded large amount of Honor.

Magnataur Champions
- each jungle of a team has its champion. The killing team is granted Honor, and the team owning the jungle will have their Magnataurs immediately respawn/replaced. This is important as killing the Champion immediately can loose the potential gold.

Magnataurs
- they will start to spawn only if "First Blood" is attained. There are a set of them on the map, and killing the magnataur champion will cause them to respawn. Each of the magnataurs grants good amount of gold. Rune generator is also included in respawn.

Spider Giants
- they only spawn during the "Infestation" event and each also grants good amount of gold.

Spiderlings
- the weakest creeps of the map, though each can give small amount of gold, however they spawn in large clusters. Spiderlings spawns in random areas of the map.

Rune Generator
- doesn't attack. Drops runes when destroyed. Can drop Rune of Haste or Rune of Regeneration.

Setup

The map layout is made to be simple and intuitive.

Events
First Blood - the first hero kill will start the spawn of Magnataur, Rune Generator and the Magnataur Champion.

Magnataur Respawn
- (refer to Magnataur Champion above)

Infestation
- The center will be filled with Spiderlings and Spider Giants.

Skeletal Raid
- Each team will spawn 2 skeletal giants. These skeletals will attack units it considers enemies.

Hydra
- (refer to Hydra above)

Items and Neutral Buildings

Over 50 items to choose from.

Types of Items
Permanent - they are permanent items which is also divided in tiers.
Tier 3 - the most expensive items and contains game changing passives or actives. Hero focused players are expected to have them the soonest.
Tier 2 - cheaper than tier 3 and less powerful but can somewhat rival that of tier 3 in terms of stats.
Tier 1 - the cheapest of the permanent items, they are primarily used only for the early game when gold comes slower. They are particularly useful while grinding gold as they can give stats half of tier 2 while having only around 30% of its price.

Consumables
- contains potions.

Exchange items
- this is where players can exchange currency and things unaccessable by gold. They can also be used to break hero limitations.

Training Hut
- creates units to help players.

Others Notable
*Hero maximum level is set to 20.
*Attribute values are readjusted.

Attack bonus per primary attribute: 0.50
Attack speed bonus per agility point: 0.01
Defense bonus per agility point: 0.12
HP regen bonus per strength: 0.05
HP bonus per strength: 25
MP bonus per intelligence: 25
Mana regen bonus per intelligence: 0.05
Movement bonus per agility point: 0.5

*Spacebar-point is set to team spawn area.
*Get 50 kills to win.
*Hero kills grants 2 honor (400 gold if exchanged).
*Killing Magnataur Champion grants 4 honor.
*Killing the hydra grants 20 honor.
*Each team currently has 11 heroes they can choose from.

How to Play - Tips and Summary

1. Choose a hero and wait for the Picking Phase to finish.
2. Get First Blood and kill creeps.
3. Slain all Magnataurs as soon as possible then kill Magnataur Champion afterwards. Also, protect it from opposing team.
3. Conquer the events and use it for advantage.
4. Reach 50 kills as you equip items and use up honors.
5. The rest can be learned while playing.

Credits

Anime Slash by blink
Void Teleport by Mythic

Author's Notes

Tell me if there's something I missed or need to know.
Updates will come.
Contents

Trial of Power 0.1.11 (Map)

Reviews
Reserved. Will post review soon!
- a proper loading screen could be implemented. - the multiboard is nice. - starting camera is not centered around the portal from where you select heroes. - a player is unable to select its hero once it was picked until the picking phase is not...
Shar Dundred
No changes have been made. Moved to Substandard.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Reserved. Will post review soon!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

- a proper loading screen could be implemented.
- the multiboard is nice.
- starting camera is not centered around the portal from where you select heroes.
- a player is unable to select its hero once it was picked until the picking phase is not over.
- the terrain isn't really designed for an arena. You could get some inspiration in how to design a proper environment for an arena by checking several maps tagged as that.
- jumping from level 1 spiders to level 9 magnataurs as neutral enemies in an arena is not really the best thing. Try escalating them better, as in 1/3/5/7/9 or 2/4/6/8/10.
- Naga Sea Witch's Split Shot ability at level 1 says that shoots 2 additional arrows but it actually shots more than that.
- the AI only pick heroes but they do not play. You could implement some triggers at least to make them roam around the map and use some spells when engaged.
- I was able to enter the enemy base without any problem, that shouldn't happen.
- Most heroes have the default warcraft 3 abilities. The admiral was cool though.
- Shops are well organized and detailed

You got a good start but at the moment this one cannot be approved. It is incomplete. Set to Awaiting Update.

Level 2
- a proper loading screen could be implemented.
- the multiboard is nice.
- starting camera is not centered around the portal from where you select heroes.
- a player is unable to select its hero once it was picked until the picking phase is not over.
- the terrain isn't really designed for an arena. You could get some inspiration in how to design a proper environment for an arena by checking several maps tagged as that.
- jumping from level 1 spiders to level 9 magnataurs as neutral enemies in an arena is not really the best thing. Try escalating them better, as in 1/3/5/7/9 or 2/4/6/8/10.
- Naga Sea Witch's Split Shot ability at level 1 says that shoots 2 additional arrows but it actually shots more than that.
- the AI only pick heroes but they do not play. You could implement some triggers at least to make them roam around the map and use some spells when engaged.
- I was able to enter the enemy base without any problem, that shouldn't happen.
- Most heroes have the default warcraft 3 abilities. The admiral was cool though.
- Shops are well organized and detailed

You got a good start but at the moment this one cannot be approved. It is incomplete. Set to Awaiting Update.

I see. Thanks a lot. I also do think its kinda rushed.

Already made lots of big changes and will post soon which would I can call complete. Can I also ask for your review by then?

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I see. Thanks a lot. I also do think its kinda rushed.

Already made lots of big changes and will post soon which would I can call complete. Can I also ask for your review by then?
Of course, that is the idea. Improve, update and I review again. That's how it works. Also, rushed? I simply pointed out what must be improved or fixed. Writing a gigantic review without any sense, won't help. I played it with 4 heroes, tested it a lot.