• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tremulous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
A lovly game I play often, I suggest you try it.

It's 90-100mb download. BUT, free,standalone and many servers to choose from.

DOWNLOAD HERE (choose standalone)
http://tremulous.net/files/

The game is known to be abit dark so I HIGHLY suggest you change your brightness level ingame.

If you do decide to play or already play, post your name here. mine is:

Werewulf (or soon to be known as -(KP)-Werewulf possibly)

Description:
Tremulous is a free, open source game that blends a team based FPS with elements of an RTS. Players can choose from 2 unique races, aliens and humans. Players on both teams are able to build working structures in-game like an RTS. These structures provide many functions, the most important being spawning. The designated builders must ensure there are spawn structures or other players will not be able to rejoin the game after death. Other structures provide automated base defense (to some degree), healing functions and much more...

Player advancement is different depending on which team you are on. As a human, players are rewarded with credits for each alien kill. These credits may be used to purchase new weapons and upgrades from the "Armoury". The alien team advances quite differently. Upon killing a human foe, the alien is able to evolve into a new class. The more kills gained the more powerful the classes available.

The overall objective behind Tremulous is to eliminate the opposing team. This is achieved by not only killing the opposing players but also removing their ability to respawn by destroying their spawn structures.
SCREENSHOTS:
128_full.jpg

123_full.jpg

121_full.jpg

114_full.jpg

98_full.jpg

And before you say its an NS rip without even playing either then read:

Isn't Tremulous just a copy of Natural Selection?

No. Development on Tremulous began long before NS was in the public domain. If Tremulous is inspired by anything, it is inspired by Gloom for Quake 2. NS has a similar ancestry (please see Game Developer Magazine February 2001 issue); this is probably where the confusion arises.
Tremulous's development was started in early 2000 as a modification of the ioquake3 version of the Quake III Arena code base inspired by the popular Quake II modification Gloom. Version 1.0.0 was released on August 11th 2005. Due to its long development period, it received a widely positive reception.
Natural Selection v1 was first publicly released on Halloween 2002, and is presently at version 3.2.

Level 13
Be aware the aliens are total zerg rip off's but still SOOOOOOOO fun to play. Also, it can be run on a piece of shit PC like mine, and can be played nicly over dial-up.

My name is it is xXDr00dXx.

Last edited:
Level 13
Werewulf said:
Once again, they are not friggen zerg rip offs, starcraft didnt invent any of the names tremulous uses.

Hmmm...

image011.jpg
tyrant.jpg

If thats not and ultralsik...

And I never said names.

But there is creep when your aliens. And when the overmind gets shot, the aliens hear "The overmind is under attack!". And it sounds just like the dude that says "The hive cluster is under attack!" in Starcraft.

Thus, I call them zerg rip offs.

Also people should skim over the manual before thier first game.

Level 12
It uses the q3 engine or smething like that I think. The view-move feel is different from most games so you have to get used to it, just like in q3.

I have tested it once and I don't think I will play it much but anyway my name is Combot, just like in ut2004.

A little thing that bothers me with it is that it doesn't support AA. :{ I had problems with the FPS amount too.

Meh, just played it. Graphics are nice and all, but the humans are so overpowered. They have weapons and can attack from range. Everyone moves too fast anyway, which makes the job of going up to a human and actualyl damaging it hard for aliens.

That and aliens can't know if they actually manage to damage something. The "walk on walls" thing is interesting, but its also comlpicated in FPS's...

And there is no exploding at all, plus the fact you always get to be the nub aliens, since the human teams are always full.

Level 13
Aliens start out as weak lil piss-ant. Then, after a good number of kills, and some time, you get an ultralisk... sorry... *Tyrant* and you take on 5 guys at once.

Also:

Werewulf said:
No females, all males. You can buy a battle suit... i guess you could "pretend" to be a girl in it.. lol?

Who is to say that aliens are not girls? You don't know what makes thier gender. In alot of species the females are larger and do most of the hunting.

Last edited:
Level 13
Nah, but they are pretty close to one right? They are really called Tyrants. But if I say how the aliens are like zerg anymore Wulf will kill mah. X_X

Level 13
[BADJOKE]Are you a demon hunter? 'Cause that looked a lot like evasion[/BADJOKE]

XD lol

But she did say...

Werewulf said:
THAT concept of the ultralisk (which doesnt look likes its sc1 friend) was only release around last year. Tremulous was inspired from gloom if you didnt read. =_=

NOW NO MORE OF THIS.

:sad:

Level 45
The aliens are actually the strongest, with humans you just need accuracy.

A tyrants swipe can kill a human in 1 swipe. (2 with armour and helm and about 5 in battle suit)
A goons bite can kill a human instantly (with no helm)
A dretches bite can kill a human in only 2 bites. The first headbite doing 96/100 damage to a humans life. The last bite will kill them. With poison and you do headbite the target will die. This is if your human is naked (no armour or helm)

It takes 8 shots of a shotgun to kill a tyrant or at least 10 or more seconds worth of rifling.

Headbites are the fatal ones, and if your aliens. You DONT sit there for them to shoot you obviously.

Level 13
DarkDenizen and I play on a server called [Void] alot, also one called Arena (but is has been offline for a few days).

Level 13
Leanr2play? Some people are just flat out better then others, so just prepare to lose alot.

Level 8
Lol... certain levels is easier to draw the unarmored-marines away from the lucifer-cannoneers... Can't remember the name right now but look for any way to get around the main attacking front (I.E. any back door).

Level 13
If ppl do nothing but camp then you're automaticly better then them and you shouldn't worry.

Level 13
Aliens can shoot, just need stage 2 or 3. Advanced basalisks can shoot posin gas, advanced maraders can shoot a bolt of lighting, advanced grager (or h/o you spell it -.-) can shoot a lil' ball of slime, and advanced dragoon can shoot spicked balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.