• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree Tag II,

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A new Tree Tag, based of the old classic by Ralle.

Tree Tag nowadays is horrendously buggy, with (literally) hundreds of versions available where some script kiddie has thrown in a cheat or hacked a spell, so I made a new one which attempted to remedy these features.
This one has an antihack system in place, as well as all cheats removed.
The anti-hack system works by placing a model in an area you can't see.
If a player can see the model, namely through a hack, then they are kicked.
Its also protected to prevent manual hacking by others.
The map is twice as big as the standard Tree Tag map, and features a few custom models and features, while remaining similar to Tree Tag.
It has been tested by several people, and is stable.

Credits:
Blizzard, for this great game.
40k_Ralle, for the original.
Donut3.5, for models.
Choppermad, for everything else.

Keywords:
Tree, Tag, Tree Tag, Map, Warcraft, Ralle, Choppermad, The, Burning, Earth, The Burning Earth, Ent, Infernal, Chase, Team
Contents

Tree Tag II, (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 14:10, 22nd Jul 2009 Linaze: Show proof that you have permission to edit this map. 14:49, 8th Aug 2009 Linaze: Proof shown, reset to pending.

M

ap0: Rejected

14:10, 22nd Jul 2009
Linaze: Show proof that you have permission to edit this map.

14:49, 8th Aug 2009
Linaze: Proof shown, reset to pending.

Level 7
Awsome i loved the old tree tag but everytime i played i ended up DLin another version and all of them were rigged one way or the other(either trees or infernals were)
I look forward to playin this. After i play i will write a small review for you!

Level 4
The terrain isn't stock. DW.
Its expanded out the side, and I've changed parts, yet tried to keep it similar.
I mean, seriously, Ralle's work was pretty damn good and there was no need to be a dick about it. :bored:

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok well it was a good map as long as no1 is red. i did like the no edge thing that was pretty cool. we played for about 10 minutes and i was able to get off the map a little no1 could even find me on the map because i was off the map. Now that the fun good stuff is done here comes the bad......like i said no1 should be red. all his cool downs are like .5 seconds. so i can blink one right after another. whenever he builds more then one building the first he started to build insta finishes. So if i start building one(we shall say an infernal killer tower thingy) that takes awhile to build. Now right after i start a second one. the first one will finish in like 1 second instead of spending the whole build time.

Because of the imbalance with red i would have to rate this 2/5 plz fix that and it will be rated higher.

Level 4
Elrunethe2nd said:
The terrain isn't stock.
Elrunethe2nd said:
The terrain isn't stock.
Elrunethe2nd said:
The terrain isn't stock.
Admittedly, its not amazing, but it IS different. :grin:
Ralle's code is all JASS, so i'm remaking this map with full new terrain in the meantime, as it seems that whoever coded in Red's hacks, did it in the original JASS code, so it'll be easier to make a new map.

Level 4
I'm sorry, but this got rejected on what grounds?
I am sure that:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...5-a-78268/?prev=search=tree%20tag&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...tag-80045/?prev=search=tree%20tag&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ion-78719/?prev=search=tree%20tag&d=list&r=20
and
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...3-a-78986/?prev=search=tree%20tag&d=list&r=20
Most certainly did NOT have Ralle's permission, yet attained approval offhand.
I would like to think that, having tried those versions, my edition was somewhat more original, and at least removed possibility of INFERNAL HACKING, if not ent cheats, which I bemoan.
I feel I have been judged harshly, and, had I not mentioned credit to Ralle, that this map would have passed inspection.
Moreover, I doubt you tried it Linaze.
I doubt you did, because classifying it as "This map is rejected and can cause errors" when four people have played it, not including me, who tested it without errors.

Level 4
I made it so that when an infernal player sees a unit hidden in an area bordered by LOS blockers they are booted, so that revealing the whole map through hacks is impossible.

Funnily enough, hacks are quite rare, and what people generally complain about is when an infernal gets a slight peek into their base due to the circle radius of their LOS.

I did this to basically check how many people hacked against the number of claims.

Mind you, I like your idea too, that seems just as effective.