• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Tree Occlusion Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello there guys, I would like to know if there's a script that would make trees fade if units are behind it? Especially if a tree is blocking my sight of a unit, its kind of annoying.

I placed regions near the trees and tried setting that trees Occlusion Height if ever a unit enters, and reset it if a unit leaves, but wouldn't work, I enabled Occlusion for all Players though. I don't understand, I think Occlusion happens only in Cinematic Mode. I want to know how this Occlusion works and if there's a script to it. I want trees to Occlude even though not in Cinematic Mode.
=======================
Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for taking the time to read my question.:thumbs_up:

Level 5
If enabling occlusion doesn't work, I guess, the only way would be to trigger replacing the trees with ones that don't have an occluder height, then when the units walk away replace the trees again.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Occlusion has nothing to do with fading or anything.

The only way to make a tree partially transparent when a unit walks behind it is to either use dummy units for trees (but that's not a good idea for several reasons) or to add a semi-transparent animation to that tree model and then play this animation for destructables in region.

The latter sounds hard, but is actually quite easy with magos model editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.