• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transfering "ownership" of a map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So in ages past (about ten years ago) I made a map and uploaded it here. Recently since I've been doing a programming course I've been checking out mapping again and would like to update the map. However, it's under an old account name that I no longer associate with. Is it allowed to reupload an updated version considering I'm the original author?

Level 7
Yeah... I just checked that. Haven't used that account in ten years though and the reason I switched over back then was cause it contained part of my legal name which has since changed. I see now that there's an option to change username so I probably would have done that but I'm not sure if that was a thing back then. (You'll have to forgive me not remember the exact details of things I did ten years ago.) Best to maybe just contact admin and ask them to lock the old account or such?

Status
Not open for further replies.