• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tranquil Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
As of now its not even in BETA.. I'm finishing up some simple fixes and then ill release the BETA here and have someone host so we can test it.

Tranquil Arena

Here are some pics!

Terrain View
Terrain2copy.jpg

Terrain View 2
Terrain3copy.jpg

Terrain View 3
Terrain4copy.jpg

Terrain View 4
Terrain5copy.jpg

Town
Towncopy.jpg

This arena consists of 5 heroes so far.. Just to beta test with, Ill add more soon.. Besides that there is the good ol' leader board ill soon update to a multiboard with many adds and theres the duel system i will look over in beta testing and some custom triggers that add to the game to make it a challenge! The terrain is beautiful, ive already played around with it in-game and personally it looks pretty damn awesome. ;P
If and once the game is popular ill raise the hero levels and make custom spells with triggers or custom models.

Everything i use on this site that belongs to someone will be recognized! Dont worry about that! :)

If I'm forgetting anything ill add it tomorrow!

Attachments

• Tranquil Arena v1.0.w3x
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 5
In which picture? The first one? I just took the color out of the circle of power to make them black and it looks as though they are laying on the ground and not the floating white one. You walk into those to choose a hero as of now. Ill probably change it to the hero selection style DOTA has.

Level 5
i did, they are better now :D
I got a model from the model selection and changed the circles of power to small black holes that are barely off the ground so it makes it look like a tele pad :D

Level 9
I think the ambient is too sad for a long game... it's acid and the colors are so violent... I'd get depressed playing it.. I think an "infernal forest" like that would be good as an area for a bigger map, not as a background for a whole game... anyway you made a good work, if you wanted it to be dark and demonic, just change the name of the map: the landscape doesn't look "tranquil". If you like it acid and evil, add some musky rocks from the tileset "flooded ruins".

Level 5
That wasnt a double post...
Those posts were almost 3 hours apart from each other..

And only one person has commented and he said the ambient was sad. How does taht make you not want to play it?

Level 9
Strange name for an Arena....

Arenas don't actually seem to be tranquil with all that fighting, blood being spilled and people screaming....

But anyways, maps seems interesting...some strong critiscism on the screens:

Screen1:
-Add sky!And a nice fog
-Canopy trees are crap, they are ugly!Put some custom model there!
-The ground fog you used lag ingame and insnt really necessary...

Screen2:
-Ugly and bad placed foutains, remove'em!
-Blizzard cliffs are so ugly...especialy there
-Trees at the center seem too dark, change them!
-Is that a rainbow set of runes?

Screen3:
-Plain
-Ugly trees
-Ugly Cliffs
-Doodads not well placed(archway)
-What is that statue doing in a rocky field in somewhere in the forest
-Poor tile Variation

Screen4:
-That fog burns my eyes
-Plain
-Ugly trees...like I sad before, use another model...

Screen5:
-Ugly black circles
-Ugly and plain blizzard cliffs
-Square-like feel
-No doodads
-Units seem randomly placed

Sorry if I seemed to be rude...but, you have a lot to do...at least for terrain...I'd rate it 4.5/10

Level 5
lol THANK YOU! Thats what ive been asking for! Now i know what i need to improve, which by the way i changed the cricles >.< those were crap and thrown in because i didnt have anything else.

And yes! The trees are crap also ill change those later.
Didnt know how to add a sky.
Tile variation will be changed.
the fog kinda gives it an eery feeling but can be changed as well.
I can remove the fountains, no problem.
What do you mean blizzard cliffs?

Level 9
The blizzard cliffs are the default cliffs, the walls!
You could use stones and rock spires to cover them up, or maybe find a "wall" model, I suggest you visiting the Terrain Board, download the Ultimate Terraining Map there, see if you can find some cool doodads.

Level 5
musky rocks.. well im no where near my comp where i can fix it but can you post a pic of the rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.