• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trample Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Could anyone possibly make a trample ability? Basically while any horse is moving and any enemy units are in its way, it well deal about 5-10 damage a second as long as there are targets in front of the horse. And if its not too much could it be MUI and have a blood effect for when a unit is being trampled?

Level 16
Few Questions about this:
First: Do you want to see an icon for this abbility?
Second: Can the Horse "run" over other units?
Third: Do I look fat in this? no wait. Should it become an ability you activate antd then the horse can "trample" or a passive, wich activates everytime, when the horse begins to move?

I'll try to help you out, even if you dont answer to this post.

Level 4
Well, in that order, yes I would like an icon. The second question...hmm...nah, I think I'd rather not. Third, yes, you do kinda look fat :), but seriously I'd like it to be passive. If you can do this, thank you in advance.

Level 16
Well at first i thought about asking for an given Order to a unit and giving that unit an Ability like permanent Firebrand... so I didnt realized that under waiting for order its waiting for clicking on the movebutton and than to a point instead of just rightclick to a point. Well try to find still a solution...

What is it with you making it so complicated? Just make an ability off of Permanent Immolation, set Art - Target/Caster to None, and set Art - Special to a blood effect of your choice. Then configure spell to the rest of your liking (damage per second, etc) and give it to your horse unit.

Why are you making it so complicated?

Level 4
Hey, Rizz I appreciate your help, and to help a bit, I had tried tinkering with the trigger myself, and it sorta works...
Trigger:
Events:
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions:
((Triggering Unit) has buff Trample ) Equal to True
Actions:
Set Trampler = Triggering Unit
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 75.00 of ((Positon of Trampler) offset by 35.00 towards 0.00 degrees)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Owner of Picked Unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of Trampler)) Equal to True
((Picked Unit) is alive) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Unit - Cause Trampler to damage (Picked unit), dealing 5.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

....only problem with this is that it only tramples units that are within the position of trampler 35 units to the right (X Axis). Possibly if we're able to constantly update the trampler's positon so that it always tramples what is front of him, maybe it could work?

Level 16
The thing with the damage could be done easily with the damage aura of the tornado-unit from the Naga seawitch. About the "taken Order targeting a point" yes i was that far already.. but you have to click on the move Button and than to the target point... its to bad, that there is noch "Unit- starts moving" Event... I'll try to find a way, but im not shure, if i finish this in a couple of days... Sorry to keep you waiting with this

Status
Not open for further replies.