• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Tracking system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I have made a spell which makes the boss slide to one of the enemy units' position. But which I couldn't achieve is a good tracking system. With my way, the system only picks where the unit is when the spell is cast, but if he runs he can easily dodge the slide withing the channeling duration. I want it to be challenging with a good tracking system. The boss should track the target until he starts sliding/starts the effect of an ability. I need a good pseudo coding for this to start working on. All help is appreciated. ^^

Level 39
The boss picks a target to slide at but the spell has a channel time so it waits to channel before he starts sliding, yeah? Problem being he goes where the target was when he began channeling, not when it ended right? Change your event to "A unit finishes casting an ability" instead and it should only fire after the channel is completed (bonus: if you stun him while channeling the spell won't run!). If that doesn't work or is too different from what you've done you should just post your triggers here.

Level 19
You can create a timer that fires every, say, 0.5 seconds. Whenever it fires, check for the target's location then order the boss to follow it.

That is what I did and this is exactly makes it delayed. Cuz of the delay it has this issue.

The boss picks a target to slide at but the spell has a channel time so it waits to channel before he starts sliding, yeah? Problem being he goes where the target was when he began channeling, not when it ended right? Change your event to "A unit finishes casting an ability" instead and it should only fire after the channel is completed (bonus: if you stun him while channeling the spell won't run!). If that doesn't work or is too different from what you've done you should just post your triggers here.

This seems like it should do what I want. Lemme try and post the results. ^^

EDIT: Yeah, that is better now. It needs some tweaks for facing some angles but it is working. Thanks for the tip ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.