• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Town Rage

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Contents

Town Rage (Map)

Reviews
17:00, 19th Nov 2011 Vengeancekael:
Level 14
The game starts out by displaying a flash of text that’s too fast to read… but if you go to the message log you can read all of the information describing each unit in the game to your heart’s content. It does however display a simple objective: “Capture all towns and bandit groups.”

This one player game takes place on both land and sea. The first thing I noticed was that everyone was neutral to me, which I found surprising in a game where your only goal was to take over towns. This neutrality included all forces I encountered, including the ships. You slowly gather resources until you can expand your population and get more troops. Computer controlled players will turn hostile when you begin to destroy buildings. Some towns are filled with explosives you can destroy that will make it easier to engage the enemy. It’s a simple build & destroy map.

Overall this map is nothing extraordinary and isn’t extremely fun to play, nor is it clear as to what you should do. However, it is adequately bug free which, in my opinion, constitutes something about one star, and by lack standards, would be accepted into a map archive… especially at a time where the world editor was being explored. In terms of game play, I can’t see a person ACTUALLY wanting to play this… it’s something that could be done in a few hours.

IMO-
Rating: 1.5/5
Vote: Rejected

~Asomath

Level 14
Good to know. But hopefully re-looking at these archived maps will allow to discover which maps still hold up against the test of time. Maybe at least descriptions can still be re-wriiten? Especially for these ancient pieces that have been imported from WC3s

~Asomath