• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tower missles, destroyed by missles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How can i make tower, to shoot at point i want, when u choose ( ability or somtn ) and that missles by tower can be destroyed by unit missles,
Like i am shooting from island to another island, and my rocket is flying, but enemy island has turrets that can damage my tower missle, and destroy it. :D Any idea ? I had few but buggy...

Level 13
I think I would trigger the missles, and everytime you move the missle (veeery often :D) you pick all units in a range of, lets say 100 with item type missle and if there is one, kill both.
Triggering towers as flaks would be a bit complicated o_O or maybe not, with an "Any unit comes in range of" event with the flak, you could shoot back :D

Level 11
We' are talking about altillery, so towers are attacking ground, its not complicated with flak cannon, it u make trigger missle as a unit, but i dont know how to make missle hit the destination(ground) and explode... can someone make me an example in GUI for example :D

Level 13
In GUI? No.
For smooth (!) movement you have to move the unit around every 0.035 seconds, the GUI minimum is 0.25, that will look realy crappy. Maybe I should have mentioned that my idea is juts realizable in jass, and I can't think of a method for this problem in GUI.
Hitting the ground is realy simple, just check the high from the ground to the unit (the same if you want to trigger shots on units, but this time distance between units, a function that leaks in GUI XP)

Level 11
God damn it, i dont have time to learn jass xD, i'we been learning it before, but i dont remember anything...

Wah, it should go like this,

Every few seconds of the game towers are shooting at the point
point or destionation that i make, dunno how, mark it with ability ( spawn unit as a mark )

Missle is flying too the destination, hitting the ground

Flak Cannons are used to prevent missles hitting the ground

Can u make this sys if ya have time, or any1 ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.