• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

top right 2d image/button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to create an image or button at the top right corner of the screen while being in game. Its the same as a clickable button like the hero icons on the left. (btw second question, is the image on the button changeable every X seconds?)
Anyone know how to do this?
thanks.
SRD

Level 18
As far as I know, it's not possible to add additional buttons to the interface, but those hero buttons. So there are only a few methods to create some "buttons" for you in the upper right corner of the screen.

1. create a multiboard and try to create a button there. like choosing those small icons, or a textfield that looks like a button or whatever.. you can trigger the "click" part then.. but it's only possible with keys, like the arrow keys, etc.

2. change the interface itself. I don't know if this is possible, but you could add buttons to the interface directly and import them into the game. but the negative part is, that you can't change the button, it will be the same for the whole game. and it's not removeable ingame.

3. You can add buttons via, images that you place on the ground and then use some specific camera angle point to view on that image from top. make some model-less unit and place it above/under that image, so you have something to click, the rest works with triggers. the negative part here is, you can't have those buttons while playing the game.. so you have to move to that button again and again, before you can continue playing.

So it's not that simple to add a Button InGame like you want.. it's not possible to do that, like you want it do be, like the Hero Icons on the left side of the screen. hope this helped a bit ;)

Level 2
Yes this helped.
well option number 2 is quite useless but interesting.
Already tried option number 3. It was pretty lame if you trigger it to follow the fixed camera offset positions. It will never follow the camera fluently.
the first one is good enough for now. Did it before and forgot about it.
actually i think its exactly what i need since i dont need to press it. it just needs to switch image every X time.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.