• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Top of the morning lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've joined this community not that long ago, for some of the sweet models you've got there (needed em for my map that me and my friend been working at for some time now), and well while im at it i thought i too could contribute in some ways to the site, im currently learning in the ways of graphical design - logos and shit (first yr. at uni). I also enjoy creating stuff such as drawings (mainly characters/landscapes/cityscapes/buildings), putting together video clips, making maps (especially envirroments, heroes and spells), writing stories, scripts, concepts, ideas.
If you'd like to see some of my real life work here's my deviant.art account: http://chudy1990.deviantart.com/

Now for the map i mentioned earlier it's going to be an interactive siege like/battleground map, with city in the center of it - the main idea is that the map is divided into few dozens of regions, you can capture most of the points (with exception of starting zones that can be captured only once)thus gaining or losing advantage over your enemy, also there will be several factions that can join your cause(each with a background story and a questline), or die under your sword disposing yourself of their units. Each point will have its own strategic meaning some of them sorely to increase food limit, or some of them like Lumbermill to improve your woodworks and strenghten your defenses, or gold mines to increase the cash flow. As for the players role in the whole thing, the assault will be ran by a computer and players will be able to choose between (currently) 12 heroes divided into Casters/Healers/Str (both mdps and tanks)/Agi(melee dps) each unique in its gameplay (more of a dynamic wow - like heroes than warcraft like, with abilities and skill combinations as the main damage factor) f.e. Steam warrior and his steam pressure system, increasing his damage and defense capabilites the higher the pressure(mana) is, or Nethermancer with his nether crystal blocks, causing explosions or chain explosions by shattering a single block or a cluster of blocks. Most of the heroes are finished and i've started making the conquest system but we're estimating at least a few more months till the working beta (still learning new things in the field of triggering :p - and hoping to learn more thanks to this site)

Status
Not open for further replies.