• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooth and Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
"Lead the revolution with an army of flamethrowing boars, mustard gas-lobbing skunks, and paratrooper-puking owls."

And before I make this look even more like an advert, I'm primarily here to ask if anyone is playing? I've had a great time with the game thus far and would really like to try out some 2v2. Heck, if there's enough people I'd even be game for an "in house" tournament!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That is highly opinionated...
Sure... I mean, he asked me what it was. I gave him my opinion on it.

Or are you that much in opposition to it?

Dr Super Good said:
Also should a book filled with murder/death to rival Game of Thrones really be a children book? Or does it happening to anthromorphic animals suddenly make it alright? It also has extreme racist under tones with certain animal species being inherently evil.
... Guess that answers my previous question.

I don't know about "rivaling Game of Thrones". While it's been many years since I read it, I don't recall any more death & destruction than in, say, Lord of the Rings or Wheel of Time. It's softened somewhat by the anthropomorphic nature of the characters; we feel less bad about dirty vermin dying than we do actual human beings, yes. In that way it's a nice gateway/introduction to the concept for younger (not kids, but youths/teenagers) readers; something that anthropomorphic animals have been doing since Aesop's Fables & beyond.

If there's something Redwall is infamous for, it's not the death; no, that is outstripped by the culinary exploits. Mr. Jacques had an uncanny knacque for describing, in excruciating detail, some of the most mouth-watering feasts & meals in fiction. This guy really went all out.

And I fail to see how that could be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.