• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Toggled Heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I am currently designing a map and one of the main races will have a constant health drain unless a toggled skill is active which stagnates mana. Currently i have gotten everything to work fine except the trigger disables itself far too quickly after the spell has been toggled. the trigger adds a separate ability to the unit. However the trigger i added to remove this ability doesn't happen when the ability is toggled off any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 39
Did you use immolation as the base skill? It only fires the "unimmolate" order event when you manually click the skill off but it doesn't fire when the unit runs out of nmaa.

Instead I would try using defend as a toggle and giving the unit the appropriate +hp, -mp regen through a modified fountain of restoration ability. Change targets to self, vulnerable, invulnerable and give it a 1.00 radius.

Then use a disabled Spellbook to give that ability to the unit when ordered to "defend", and remove the spellbook when ordered to "undefend". Afaik undefend triggers when units die so this is compatible with Animate Dead, Reincarnation, etc..

Your last step is then to write a trigger that checks the mana of all these until every 0.5 seconds or something and orders them to undefend when their mana gets below a threshold value, say 1.00 or 5.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.