• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To The Slaughter!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Update : removed Way gates, replaced way gates with islands, anded many doodads, completely changed Terrain, added coral and stuff to the ocean

To The Slaughter
This is a Melee map, with a average size and lots of resources. With lots of creeps to level your hero, and a variety of ways to reach your enemy.

Map-
The map is full of resources and creeps which allows for rushes and long term matches, its is made for 4 players although can also be well played with 2 or 3, there are 2 taverns located opposite of each other at the sides of the map.

Creeps -
The map is quite full of creeps, although they don't really get in your way, if you want to get to the more stagetic places of the map you will have to take them out. There is a variety of creeps to battle, from murlocs to sea giants. The creeps will allow players to gain fast levels but it isn't going to be easy to take them out, depending on your skill level.

Screenshots -
Will be added later.

Map Structure -
Overall the map is very original. And it is fun becuase of the tactics involved, whether you don't want to use them or love them, it up too you since the structure of the map.
It has goblin merchant shops, seperate wood camps, and gold mines. This map doesn't require team work as players are seperated although teamwork can be fun.

Please leave a comment/feedback.

Keywords:
Kewl, cool, water, rivier, dam, warfare, fun, easy, hard, team, kill, die, what?, run, head, face, seperate, quick, slow.
Contents

To The Slaughter! (Map)

Reviews
11:24, 7th Jun 2013 Orcnet: here's my criticism: -creep difficulty is unbearable, even though its a 4v4, early creep outs is impossible because of high leveled creeps, about the creeps the dragon turtle and the revenant is not that strong enough...

M

11:24, 7th Jun 2013
Orcnet: here's my criticism:

-creep difficulty is unbearable, even though its a 4v4, early creep outs is impossible because of high leveled creeps, about the creeps the dragon turtle and the revenant is not that strong enough to be singled as a creep camp, the dragon creeps are way stronger than them and those two only has the half of its statistics, so I advice you give them few creeps tucked along.

-terrain needs more polishing, it looks very flat and monotone the based layout of yours only needs some decor enhancing, you can follow some ideas to this map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ancient-warfield-234591/

-the waygates are useless, make some strategic explanation to that area right now it doesn't do anything, and the goblin shipyard has no creep guards

so overall you still need improvement, but the map link I showed in top of my comment can really help your ideas, for now rejected but you can vm/pm me when you update the map so I can turn it back to pending.

hi there i will go ritgh to the point so it will be easy and fast

- the doors(waygates) in the water, that is part of the game play or doodad, it is a little confuse, maybe some more redefinition or a creeps there, i dont know it is your map,
- the center decorate, i dont like the column it doesnt fit, i would leave the broken horse,
-you put some doors and behind them, creeps, i like the iniciative but AI, they dont destroy gates, i recommend you to leave the gates and put the health to 0% so it will be destroyed, or put it open with trigger
-the grass terrain,where are placed the taverns, is much wild now than before, maybe you can do the same in the starting location in the same way, but nothing to ugly the building sites

IMPORTANT!!! there are 3 footmans at the north of the violet starting postion, i think you should remove it, i use units to test things like brigdes, but never forget removing

hope my comments help you to improve

Shoot! Ill get right to it :) thank you :D
EDIT - fixed the problems.

Last edited:
Level 30
here's my criticism:

-creep difficulty is unbearable, even though its a 4v4, early creep outs is impossible because of high leveled creeps, about the creeps the dragon turtle and the revenant is not that strong enough to be singled as a creep camp, the dragon creeps are way stronger than them and those two only has the half of its statistics, so I advice you give them few creeps tucked along.

-terrain needs more polishing, it looks very flat and monotone the based layout of yours only needs some decor enhancing, you can follow some ideas to this map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/ancient-warfield-234591/

-the waygates are useless, make some strategic explanation to that area right now it doesn't do anything, and the goblin shipyard has no creep guards

so overall you still need improvement, but the map link I showed in top of my comment can really help your ideas, for now rejected but you can vm/pm me when you update the map so I can turn it back to pending.