• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tirisfal Glades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The size of the trees look like the size of the trees in World of Warcraft. I think it looks great, the custom unit models are 3/10 in my opinion, however. Why not just use the regular footies?

Level 24
I think the 3rd pic looks mostly great I do two few complaint though. Why is the tree cut above the head of the peasant and how the eck did they reach that high?

Regarding the size of the doodads I think it's great and I would have liked to see more of the castle since you've only really shown us what you can do with a forest and not with a city and since one of the biggest city's humans have ever built was in Tirisfall Glades I would have liked to see something of it.

My Score: 9.5/10 (That tree that is cut higher then the humans can reach really bothers me.)

Level 24
You are using really awesome models and you're definitely one of the best terreiners I've seen and I really like the entire placement of all doodads and building. However if you look at the textures, the moss covered wall in the second picture, the trees, the water and the unit models they look very realistic while the buildings and mostly everything made out of stone look more cartonish and they don't really fit perfectly together.

However as I said this is some of the best work I've ever seen so I'll have to give the city a ranking of 9/10

Level 2
I would suggest making the terrain in the first picture of the last group of images more varied in height the grass looks flat, it is rarely like that in the WoW Trisfal Glades. Maybe ad some rocks and grass doodads too.

Level 24
I would suggest making the terrain in the first picture of the last group of images more varied in height the grass looks flat, it is rarely like that in the WoW Trisfal Glades. Maybe ad some rocks and grass doodads too.

If this was WoW we would see forsakens and not humans.

Level 2
That's more of a story issue not a terrain issue though. I didn't know why humans were there. There are some human camps in Trisfal Glades. Most of them Scarlet Crusaders. There is also that farm with human villagers being overlooked by that tower right as you get out of Deathknell.

Level 24
That's more of a story issue not a terrain issue though. I didn't know why humans were there. There are some human camps in Trisfal Glades. Most of them Scarlet Crusaders. There is also that farm with human villagers being overlooked by that tower right as you get out of Deathknell.

Yes but this is no camp this is a castle and the only building the humans have of that size would be the cathedral and that my friend is not a cathedral.

1st pic: Nice, i like how u made the cliffs.
2nd pic: A bit empty, add some more environmental doodads.
3rd pic: Looks cool, the only thing that i don't like are those statues and potted plants, they don't fit at all. Try to find some of higher quality, or remove them and add something else.
4th pic: Dat grids. :D It isn't bad at all, but add more life to it.

Overall a good terrain, like the way u do the buildings! Keep it up! ;)

Some updates based upon advices!

:fp:Lordaeron City
--------------
1st pic: Nice, i like how u made the cliffs.
2nd pic: A bit empty, add some more environmental doodads.
3rd pic: Looks cool, the only thing that i don't like are those statues and potted plants, they don't fit at all. Try to find some of higher quality, or remove them and add something else.
4th pic: Dat grids. :D It isn't bad at all, but add more life to it.

Overall a good terrain, like the way u do the buildings! Keep it up! ;)
Some of them have been updated! I eagerly wait for your opinions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.