• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Tiny Castle Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a way to instantly detect the unit being built by Tiny Castle? As in without having to wait 0.00 seconds, then picking every unit of type within a 1.00 range of the target point?

Level 16
I'm not entirely sure if this is what your after:

• Unit Enters Map
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
If not, please explain what you want further.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I think this is what his mean:
He want to detect the building that was build by the effect of the Tiny Castle Ability.
I dont know if the building that was build by the effect of the tiny castle ability is consider as the event Unit start constructing or not. But if it is, there will be a very simple way to do it.

Level 8
If it was constructing unit, it would be so easy... But what I mean is that I have a unit with the ability Tiny Castle, and the moment the unit casts Tiny Castle, I want to do something to the Castle that is being constructed.

Level 16
Well,

• Unit Enters Map
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Town Hall
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Triggering Unit) to tauron - war stomp
That trigger detects the unit that entered the map (the town hall summoned by the "Tiny Castle"
ability. Then you can give it any orders you like, such as casting an ability or even training a peasant.

Level 16
Well, if you made a trigger to do something when the ability is cast, you cannot reference the summoned unit. This means you cant do anything with the summoned unit. You could however do something to the unit that is casting the spell.

• Tiny Castle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Build Tiny Castle
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
But I think you need to explain the concept and purpose of your trigger if you want us to actually help you any further...

Level 8
There's nothing else to explain, really. I guess I'll just use what I've been doing before, a really short wait, then getting the unit, as I can pick all units at the target point of the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.