• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timer titel change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How do i change the titel of a timer window for just 1 player?

[very different question sorry] is it possible to make units unselectable or even better that u cant give any orders to it (exept with triggers)

Level 12
I don't know how to do the first one, but the second one is easy enough.

You can give the unit the Locust ability. That makes them unselectable by the player, meaning that in order to give them orders, you would need to use triggers. However, that makes them unselectable to EVERYTHING. Attacks, etc., so keep this in mind.

Level 14
1) This would need GetLocalPlayer.
  • -------- This example will change a title window to something else only for Player 1 --------
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
  • -------- In Jass, the player numbering is different as it uses 0-11 instead of 1-12 like GUI and the editor. --------
  • -------- So Player(0) in Jass would be Player 1 (Red), Player(1) would be Player 2 (Blue), etc. --------
  • Countdown Timer - Change the title of (Last created timer window) to Another Title
  • Custom script: else
  • Countdown Timer - Change the title of (Last created timer window) to Default Title for Other Players
  • Custom script: endif
If you want to know more about GetLocalPlayer, you can learn about it here.

Level 12
I knew it would need GetLocalPlayer, just not how to do it. >.>

But I believe that there should take care of your questions, I hope, :)

Level 7
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Rekt[2])

It doesent work anymore after i gave him locotus

Level 29
1. you cant change the title for a particular player coz a timer is for ALL, however
you can make it MPI by creating separate timers for players...

• Countdown Timer - Hide (Last created timer window) for Player 1 (Red)
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Rekt[2])

It doesent work anymore after i gave him locotus

I dont think so, maybe your trigger is wrong...

Level 33
Are you sure Locust unit can't attack ?
Maybe you disabled its attack index or something ?
I tried to locust a unit, once
And enable its attack index and so on
He still can attack other, but other unit can't attack it, that's the only way around

Level 37
Here's a system that causes you not to be able to order your units.

Units get a point where they are ordered to attack when they spawn. If you order them to do something, the order you gave them will be overridden with an attack-move commad to their original destination.

Every 5 seconds a footman spawns. Try to order him around. Pressing ESC will order a random footman to attack-move to another location.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=7n5yvo

Level 6
@Chasin225: The reason that your unit can't be ordered when you've given it the "Locust" ability, is because "Locust" cancels all incoming orders (making the unit behave on it's own) however, if you temporarily remove "Locust", and order your unit to do what you want, then replace the "Locust" ability... it works! Well, until it finishes the order you give it, then it resorts to it's own line of thinking. So you have to either give it an order that takes a while to complete (like an "attack-move" from one side of the map to the other) or you have to use timers to refresh its orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.