• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Time Stop plays Death animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Greetings fellow vJassers :wink:

As you all may know, I recently made a spell called Time Stop. It's a good spell I think, but I have this minor issue with animation.
See, when a unit dies, it stays in stopped mode for a while, but then it instantly moves to the ground and starts decaying. It looks sort of wierd and I'd like to fix it, but I don't know how.
I'd like it to stay in the same animation for the entire duration of the spell, and then die with a normal animation (it would look more realistic).

Cookie for the vJasser with the most proper solution.

Level 9
Well actually I don't really know how it works. I've just been reading the DelayedSuspendDecay function in blizzard.j that uses it and figured it migh be of use, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, it just takes a unit and a boolean flag for its arguments, so you'd probably use it with a true argument at the beginning of your spell for all affected units (or when a unit dies under the spell's effect, not sure), and with a false argument at the end.

If that doesn't work you could always play the units' death animations manually via SetUnitAnimation when they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.