• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Time Bomb Version 1.

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: 13L4M3
This spell was made by me, but it was taken out of a request of someone else.

so i guess i should credit him..

Credits to:

Devalut - took me something about the 15 mins to find his name.. so XD

Pharaoh_ - made the "quick" try of it.. its now made a diff way.. but sure.. :p

Hope you'll like this system.

Update: adding some trees, to show effect of destructibles, and added another option to change the destructible's damage dealt.

Setting custom values or so.
  • Custom Values And Variables
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
      • -------- The range the bomb hits. --------
      • Set BombRange = 350.00
      • -------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
      • -------- Okay.. so if you can basicly do math.. this is a easy way to set damage --------
      • -------- Just set the variable down to what you want. --------
      • -------- 500 = 500 damage to units right inside the bomb, and 150 to units in 350 range. --------
      • -------- Make it 300, and it will damage 300 in units currently right inside the bomb., and lower to units in range of 350 of it.. or so on. --------
      • Set TimeBomeIntegers[0] = 500.00
      • -------- TimeBombInteger[1] is the damage dealt to destructibles, it is regulary the damage you pick. --------
      • Set TimeBomeIntegers[1] = 400.00
      • -------- TimeBomeInteger[2] is the time left right when the bomb spawns. --------
      • Set TimeBomeIntegers[2] = 10.00
      • -------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Barrel of explosion
            • Then - Actions
              • Set CV_Count = (CV_Count + 1)
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to CV_Count
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to CV_Count
              • Set TimeBomb[CV_Count] = (Integer(TimeBomeIntegers[2]))
The trigger that determinites what should happend when you use the item.

• Time bomb Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Time bomb
    • Actions
      • Set TimeBombLocations[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Barrel of explosion for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TimeBombLocations[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to CV_Count
      • Set TimeBomb[CV_Count] = (Integer(TimeBomeIntegers[2]))
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
Moving the timers 1 below its self each time\killing the bombs when reach 0.

• Time Bomb Count
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TimeBombGroup[0] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Barrel of explosion))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TimeBombGroup[0] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • TimeBomb[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] Less than or equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set TimeBomb[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Integer(TimeBomeIntegers[2]))
                  • Floating Text - Destroy TimeBombFT[(Custom value of (Picked unit))]
                  • Set TimeBombLocations[0] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                  • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                  • Set TimeBombGroup[1] = (Units within BombRange of TimeBombLocations[0])
                  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TimeBombGroup[1] and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Barrel of explosion
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Set TimeBombLocations[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (TimeBomeIntegers[0] - (Distance between TimeBombLocations[1] and TimeBombLocations[0])) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TimeBombLocations[1])
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Set TimeBombLocations[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                          • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (TimeBomeIntegers[0] - (Distance between TimeBombLocations[1] and TimeBombLocations[0])) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TimeBombLocations[1])
                  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TimeBombGroup[1])
                  • Destructible - Pick every destructible within BombRange of (Position of (Picked unit)) and do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Summer Tree Wall
                        • Then - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                              • (Current life of (Picked destructible)) Less than or equal to TimeBomeIntegers[1]
                            • Then - Actions
                              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
                            • Else - Actions
                              • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - TimeBomeIntegers[1])
                        • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set TimeBomb[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (TimeBomb[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] - 1)
                  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(TimeBomb[(Custom value of (Picked unit))])) above (Picked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 7.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                  • Set TimeBombFT[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Last created floating text)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TimeBombLocations[0])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TimeBombGroup[0])
And thats it probably.

Keywords:
Time,bomb,explosion,boom,BAAM,Crash,Big Boom,Big,x-dardas,Dardas,time bomb,time-bomb
Contents

Time Bomb (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 12:06, 20th Feb 2010 TriggerHappy: Use hashtables, not custom value. This will never get approved with the use of custom value. You also leak a lot. You need a correct preview image...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

12:06, 20th Feb 2010
TriggerHappy:

Use hashtables, not custom value. This will never get approved with the use of custom value. You also leak a lot. You need a correct preview image too.

Level 3
Unit* - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (500.00 - (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and TimeBombLocation)) damage of attack type Incantesimi and damage type Normale
Cause (Picked unit)? why not Caster?:p

could put the damage is reduced automatically depending on the distance
nice:)

Level 11
=] thanks..

Edit: Well.. i didnt put caster because its not a spell =] its sort of an item.. that is based on a spell :p so i used "unit uses an item" instead.. was easier for meh i supose..
i cant call this a system allso..

Edit2: Comeon ppl.. 7 downloads, and only 1 comment?..

Last edited:
Level 19

• Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (TimeBombDamage[0] - (Distance between (Position of (Picked unit)) and TimeBombLocation)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Leaks a location

• Set TimeBombLocation = (Position of (Picked unit))
Was never cleared in the loop

• Destructible - Pick every destructible within BombRange of (Position of (Picked unit)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current life of (Picked destructible)) Less than or equal to TimeBombDamage[1]
        • Then - Actions
          • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
        • Else - Actions
          • Destructible - Set life of (Picked destructible) to ((Current life of (Picked destructible)) - TimeBombDamage[1])
Leaks a location, also it can destroy bridges and other type of destructables not only trees. But you can always use an filter for that.

- Spells that require the custom value of a unit are very complicated, since the systems used in most of maps has systems that require it too, which messes up alot of stuff.
- You can do the spell with an expiration timer for the unit and ability "AOE damage upon deaths" from the "Goblin Mines", which too allows you to configure range, damage, delay.
- Many 'bomb' spells are already made, you might want to add some extra effects, like slow or somekind of fire, afterwards when the bomb explodes, or shrapnels for example.
- Lacks a proper screenshot.

Rate 2/5
Vote rejection

Level 11
But well.. thats the point, isnt it?
to make it behing able to destroy bridges, and allow to invade town, or w/e..
it can be thought of it as a problem, while i think of it as a add.. but since you gave me such a nice help, ill fix everything you sayd, thanks =]
i apriceate that.

Edit: just readed the outside of the "hide".. and i guess your right =] ill fix it and make it fancier. i fixed all leaks and bugs you sayd me to.. like bridges, or so on.
fixed locations, and thanks again, ill add a screen shot in a sec.

Edit2: forget it.. i got no time to make this thing work.. and ill just use it in my map.. was gonna try to make it get aproved.. but it seems i cant..
so sorry, if a mod wanna remove this.. he can really do that..

Level 11
Thanks for teh rep 13L4M3

Comeon people, comment please :/

Edit: Triggerhappy.. i wont ever make it to use hashtables..
not because i dont want to, because i cant..
i just never understended hashtables... so im pretty sure i wont sucsued making it working based on hashtables. bout the leaks, ill solve it now quickly..

edit2: updated allready.. fixed as much leaks as i saw..

Last edited: