• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tileset Recolor Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there. I'm in need of some simple tile recolors done for some maps of mine, but I don't have the appropriate software installed to do it myself. I tried using some online photo editing programs (Pixlr.com) but I can't seem to figure out how to do reskins on tiles with that site.

The two tiles I need recolored are:
Dalaran City Cliff
7Qz6rvU.jpg

Dalaran Square Tile
mkHiz4B.jpg

I'd like them to have the same pinkish-red color as the picture below. The cliff walls could be whitened a little maybe as well to blend with the pink-red tile color.
LnFUmqk.jpg

It's hard to find tiles and cliffs that resemble Silvermoon, so if someone could do that for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This is pretty easy and I would like that you learn and do it yourself.

1. Get GIMP, a free software without the need to register.
2. Open the skin in TGA format ( the BLP Labour, a tool from Hive, or the WC3 Viewer can convert BLP files)
3. Use the Tint tool to get the wished colour from another picture.
4. Open the colour board and copy/write down the colour code
5. Select the areas you would like to recolor
6. Use 'Colour Image' to colour the whole skin, adjusting the red based on the copied colour code.

Try it at least, a successful map maker does everything on his own.

Level 1
Thanks for the information, Ardenian. I'd prefer to do it myself so I'll give this a try and see if it works.

Nice, it worked. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Great to hear! If there are questions left or you need help don't hesitate to ask me!
Good luck with your project!

Please do not double post, by the way, it is forbidden. Use the Edit button instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.