• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tiles and Tilesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been looking around the site and the internet for a while now, but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Is it possible to add custom tiles into the world editor that do not replace an existing tile, and are still visible on another computer?

Level 2
I'll try that. Currently, I'm trying to add a wow-style Eversong Woods/Ghostlands tileset for some maps that I'm working on, but I don't want to use the Lordaeron season sets if I can avoid it.

Level 8
Yes. When you import an texture to the same path of the .mpq of a replaceable texture everyone who plays your map will be able to see it. Just like a custom model/skin, etc :)
Everything you import in you map becomes part of it. :)

Level 2
Alright, Thank you. I will have to try that.

EDIT: It worked beautifully. Thank you. Now I just need to find some Eversong Trees....

33ekfme.png

Level 2
nice! whre do you got those tiles? they look very cartoony :D

Those are the Eversong tiles from World of Warcraft. I'm working on making my own, that fit the style of WC3 a bit more. The ones there (made by Blizzard) look odd in WC3, but I wanted to see the basics of what it would look like first.

Status
Not open for further replies.