• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

THWMessenger

THWMessenger

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • no

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yes most of us have MSN. But THWMessenger would be soo much better, msn sucks at some parts. And you have to accept that having your own messenger only from hive is much better than having a incomplete bugfull msn.
For example: I do not have a Web camera, but others can see it and if they try to call me via web cam msn crashes. I'm not thinking that THWM should have web cam and microphone (maybe microphone), just chat. My point is that current thw chat is a bit empty.

Level 9
Velm said:
For example: I do not have a Web camera, but others can see it and if they try to call me via web cam msn crashes. I'm not thinking that THWM should have web cam and microphone (maybe microphone), just chat.
Then you should upgrade from v5.1 to Live.
Velm said:
My point is that current thw chat is a bit empty.
What makes you think THWMessenger will be any more full?

Level 14
I think it'd be a lot easier to have THWMessenger..
I have ICQ, MSN, and AIM, but with the many different time zones there are here it's hard to know when to be on..
I dunno how many of you have gmail.. but the chat window in that is fairly simplistic and something like that would work well here.

Level 15
Still archain what the peons want is a MSN like chat messager
(@ralle dont you have a teamspeak server??)

again i have nice api that im fluint in all ralle would need to help with is the UAP (user authenatcion proticals)
or i can also write a mod for ff that ties into the chatroom and there coul be like a /call comand

but ill start fleshing out a vista version of it and well see how it goes

Level 15
hmmrm imm gonna need to use P2P articture to get some of this to wrok

most likely its going to use A SQL but its somewhat doable
biggist issue being vista only unless someone would like to help me write it in QT or ralle sets up IRC (yes ralle i know you hate it)

EDIT REMOVED: gah this is proveing to be a pain

Last edited:
Level 45
Your idea is stupid for the most obvious reasons, most of them already stated. The chatroom is enough, if people are too lazy to fuckin use the services other companies give them for free and at their best levels and values why should we cater for the lazy? Just because its easier for "you" because you are as lazy as hell? No, the idea is totally flawed, by the points of time, necessity and moderation.

Level 17
To prevent threads like that just use MSN conference or how is that called ;) Or find an IRC server and make a room in it. IRC for the win.
By the way, browser based chat services kinda suck. Not to mention that THW chat exists solely for those 15-something moderators, exmoderators who are ready to flame anyone entering the chat room.

Level 24
Ah,I see nothing wrong in that thread

Actually ChatRoom is the problem,we should have a multiple channel option,were you can chat privately without using the whisper command,or without using the ignore command on the whole chatroom except the person who you want to talk.

And also we have User Social Groups,which ,if you moderate a little,it can be pretty private,but still im with Velm we need a function like that of private chatting or instant messaging.

Level 15
Ah,I see nothing wrong in that thread

Actually ChatRoom is the problem,we should have a multiple channel option,were you can chat privately without using the whisper command,or without using the ignore command on the whole chatroom except the person who you want to talk.

And also we have User Social Groups,which ,if you moderate a little,it can be pretty private,but still im with Velm we need a function like that of private chatting or instant messaging.

oh ok then lets just have ralle give me the chat source code and ill write a ff plugin that will do what velm wants us

BUT ralle will not give me the codes that i need he will say
"The hive is not open sourse"

Level 24
rowofemotesglass5rz.gif

Lioness is right,but I still support my cause.

An easier way to private chat.

Level 15
This topic has been well covered and is starting to degrade.

Ultimately:
- If you want to chat with other members, use the Hive chat.
- If you want to chat privately with someone, use AIM/MSN/ICQ/Yahoo or whatever other private chat services you prefer that are designed for such purposes.

Level 25
Okay, you know what, forget it, slight Mecheon "Posting in closed topics" power abuse here

Do you know how much WORK goes into a program like MSN or that? If you want to go and design a messaging protocol which won't infringe upon pre-existing ones that we could be sued for using, plus coding up a program to utilise the protocol, then go right ahead and we might use it

Otherwise? Don't suggest silly things like this without understand the scope of what you're asking for

Status
Not open for further replies.