• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Throne Assault v1.10

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Rognor
AoS style map, destroy the enemy's throne by advancing through their structures.

Map Features - 12 Heroes each of them with their own abilities and unique attribute progression (Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Druid, Alchemist, Demon Hunter, Coercer, Puppet Master, Abomination, Tauren Chieftan, Priestess of the Moon, Headhunter, and Paladin). 3 Item shops (Arcane Vault, Goblin Merchant, and Power Generator). 4 Creep camps with multi-leveled creeps that respawn as soon as you kill them. 2 Lanes each with their own structures and creep spawns. Small forest between both lanes for traveling back and forth. 2 Bases, one for each team containing their own fountain, shops, and of course, throne.

Changelog - Too many changes as of lately due to the map's simplified version... When the map is more stable and has more content then I will begin posting all changes! :D

Tips - Select a hero, purchase a few starting items (preferrably regeneration type items), Choose which lane you want to go to (top or bottom) and fight your way through enemy creeps, structures, and heroes until you make it to the throne. When low on health and/or mana go back to your fountain for free regeneration.

Credits - Thanks to hiveworkshop for the hero glow model. And special thanks to my alpha testers who helped bring what little is made togethor (bbt, Zenerte, UberLawl, FeartheBeast, Sauronauk).

Keywords:
assfacemcguee, xSoggyxWafflesx, throne, assault, dota, mini, aos, duel, hero, arena
Contents

Throne Assault v1.10 (Map)

Reviews
00:44, 23rd Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected Very basic AoS with leaky/inefficient triggers, a bad terrain and few items.

M

00:44, 23rd Jan 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected

Very basic AoS with leaky/inefficient triggers, a bad terrain and few items.

Level 1
This map is pretty good imo, it may be small but as long as the terrain is fixed in the next version/update im good. I really like the heroes and so far my favorites are Hero #1, Hero #2, and Hero #3. Keep workin on it! ^^

Level 1
This map is good terrain isn't that good but hopefully will get redone.
I also liked the Puppet Master hero he is a very well thought out hero i hope this map becomes successful! :thumbs_up:

Level 2
I fixed the description, the terrain size will be fixed within the next few days cuz that's a long process to overgo (the terrain is perfectly symmetrical so redoing it will take awhile), but for some reason I doubt any has even checked out what I've done so far and taken it for granted.

Level 8
This map has some okay parts and some somewhat bad parts.
I'll start with the good -

:infl_thumbs_up: + Interesting object editor use
:infl_thumbs_up: + Loading screen has adequate information
:infl_thumbs_up: + Not any bugs as far as I could see

Now the bad -

:pird: - Bad terrain! Flat, doodadless.
:pird: - A little confusing. (Where are the creeps, etc. etc.
:pird: - Some unused space
:pird: - Slightly boring (Events would spruce it up, flashier spells, audio, text, fade filters, etc)
:pird: - Overpowered spells (One person claimed to have a 500 damage spell while my hero had a 100 damage spell)

Overall I'd say that this needs some flashiness <less flat terrain, doodads, and audio/text upon slaying>, balance <spells are op/up> and a little bit more "originality" <well, it's actually original enough>

I'll give it a 2.5/5. This can improve.

Level 2
There is no 500 damage spell... He was lying or bluffing, or at least if there is can you tell me which :D? I'm a very bad terrainer btw so I might need someone to help me with that o.o I'm working on event ideas... Im going to add a Roshan (DotA reference) type boss in the very middle fire soon, and I'm going to implement some other sort of event at the 2 buildings northeast and southwest of the middle forest area... I was going to make it runes but that seemed too unoriginal so I'm still thinking about that.