• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

This sound like a cool map idea? Joust

Does Joust sound like a good map idea?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possibly, depends how well it's made

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys,

I just came up with an idea for a fun map, while i was playing ROTD (BTW, i havent found any bugs yet, and im on lv7)

Basically, the idea of a joust is that you have two knights who charge at each other. If one gets knocked off his horse, he's given the oppotunity to yield: if he doesn'y yield, he keeps fighting, but on foot when the other is on horseback.

Sound simple enough?

Well in my joust map, i think that i'll add in lots of different things, including;
Ladies favour: (the knights compete to get a token from a special lady, in return for some combat bonus)
Knightly Quests: rescue the princess from the giant, kill the dragon, fetch the holy grail, etc, etc
Shops; buy armour and weapons from different shops; each shop will sell slightly different types of weapons/armour, as different smiths would
Squires; nuff said
Different types of moves; your knight will have different types of jousting attacks he can use; these will include defensive manuevers like Defend, Deflect&strike, Dodge&strike, and attack ing moves aiming for head, body, shield, lance, legs and horse.
Training yards: you can go here to practise up on your jousting moves
Tournament; of course, this will all be a tournament between 8 players (and a number of computer controlled players as well), all competing to win... something, im sure :wink:

well hows it sound?
any feedback would be very much appreciated... especially if anyone's already done a map like this
no stealing
Bort

Level 5
Well i think it is not a bad idea.

All it needs is a very special combat method, and lots of knight types with lots of difference. Perhaps that would be fun (if i think it well, it will be like a 1vs1 tournament hero arena - with some RPG part to get stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.