• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is me. who wants to be my mapping buddy?! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've played plenty of blizzard games (starcraft, Starcraft Expansion, Diablo, D2, D2LoD, Warcraft II, War3, WoW)
I like MMORPGs as well, my favorite is NCSofts "Lineage 2"

The project:
I use to make custom maps for starcraft, none were very well known but i made my own turret defense etc.
I know most here would call me retarded for taking on a task such as this for a first map, as i plan on mixing all my favorite items into a map, a hero defense, lineage 2 characters (every race/class - 31 characters) for those that played enfos defense, the idea is off of that map, but instead of 2 teams competing to win, it will be 1 larger team working together to win. i decided to do it this way out of simplicity and also at lan parties we get pissed because there is always 1 or 2 left out.
if have most my ideas in my head, the skills will all be based on the classes from lineage probably 3 or 4 skills per character. most are simi standard skills that can be easily modified to fit but i probably will need some help along the way as some may be combining alot to obtain the desired effect.

so if anyone wants to help me out, send me a PM. i understand how everything works, its just some coding and getting use to W3 editor. thx again

well friend wants to play warcraft with me, thats all for now. ttyl

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings YO_MA_MA. Be sure to post in our Project Recruitment forum. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 5
thanks everyone, especially you Wolverabid. ive been using this site alot for tutorials and information. my main problem is the mass amount of skills that i need to figure out which are the best to edit for a skill i want to create. that and triggers which have never been my strong point and now there is more in them then starcraft. thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.