• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Third-person view, choppy run animations left & right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Having this strange issue where the running animations look very choppy whenever running perpendicular to the direction of the facing camera; its almost like they're really low framerate or something.

Important to note that it only happens when using periodic (0.1s) pans for the camera (doesn't really matter what the time to pan to the unit location is, although a 0.5s pan usually looks the smoothest overall). When locking camera, the unit looks better, although things in the background are more blurry, and the game looks a bit too stiff.

The triggers I'm using are typical WSAD controls, order the unit to move to a point offset every .1s relative to the direction the camera is currently facing. The animations look fine forward and backward; but left to right they're very stuttery.

Level 3
update: weird, i wonder if this is a refresh rate issue or something? When I watch my video that I posted it actually looks alright. So I switched to the game and changed my resolution to 4k at 60hz (i usually play at 1440 144hz) and now it looks a lot better than before. Its hard to describe, but it looks like the model is blipping around really quickly and its rather ugly when I use the 144hz setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.