• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Thievery Campaign
Parts 1 - 6

Thievery follows the adventures of Rahkan, a famous Satyr thief. When Rahkan stumbles across a big score, his greed may pull him down a path he could not forsee.

Thievery is a campaign focusing more on stealth than combat. Sneak around enemies, solve puzzles, fight bosses, assassinate weak enemies, and collect gold and items. You will find it is somewhat akin to Zelda games.

The campaign is difficult so you want to make sure to save your game here and there. Keep in mind that Rahkan is very weak and can die very quickly. Look before you leap.

Parts 1 through 6 complete. More coming soon!

0jb1lsX.jpg

I346RCe.jpg

VUsxHgp.jpg

XChF5o2.jpg

L4BwaeM.jpg

L95hpyq.jpg

40aZPMO.jpg

WXAWQRa.jpg

Dy76YqN.jpg

[9-21-09] Update: Fixed some patrol errors.

[11-20-09] Update: Some minor fixes and updates as I work on Part 5:
- Enemies that are immune to your skills will now display "Immune!" above their heads if you attempt to use the skill on them.
- Fixed a minor bug in Part 3 where you could approach Raz's shop using an unintentional path through the forest.
- Revamped the Soul Shard system to allow more inventory space.

[11-24-09] Update: Fixed a small oops I created in the last update.

[2-14-10] Update: Level 5 complete! I've decided since progress is much slower than I'd hoped, I'll just release each map as it comes out instead of in chapters. In addition to the release of level 5 (which is, in my opinion, the best one yet), I've also updated a few things:
- Opportunity will now show floating text if you get a successful combo.
- Lucky Rabbit's Foot now shows floating text when it comes into effect.
- The stun from your Stealth ability can no longer go into effect while you are still in stealth or after stealth has been broken. It now will always work on the attack breaking stealth.

Along with level 5, I've also added a button on the campaign that allows the game to search your game cache for old version saves so that you can go straight to level 5 if you've already completed levels 3 and 4.

A quick note: I've used two custom models in the map and I can't seem to find the authors' names. If you are the creator of Aura.mdx (The hero glow model) or the ItemKey model I use, please let me know so I can give you credit. Thanks!

Have fun!

[Update: 3-3-10] Added custom art and changed the titles of the books in the library puzzle in part 5 to clarify it a bit.

[Update: 3-14-10] Minor update, reduced filesize a bit and attempting to get the minimap preview to work on The Hive.

[Update: 4-4-10] Fixed a major oops I created in the last fix that caused Small Keys to be invisible!

[Update: 4-7-10] Double oops!

[Update: 6-27-10] Level 6 complete! For those of you who have already completed the previous levels, just click on "Load Progress" on the campaign screen to jump straight to level 6. Lots of custom music in this one, don't forget to turn it on! In addition to the new level, lots of small updates have been made to previous levels. Enjoy!

[Update: 6-30-10] Fixed a small bug in part 6.

[Update: 7-1-10] More bug fixes. <3 cleavinghammer!

[Update: 7- 22-15] Fixed broken screenshots.

Keywords:
Thief, Thievery, Satyr, Campaign, Zelda, Sneak, Stealth, Assassin, Gold, Steal, Rahkan, Raven
Contents

Thievery Campaign (Levels 1 - 6) (Campaign)

Level 2
Arggg! how you guys able to kill Master Portal in chp.5, when his HP below 50%, he always has Flame Shield so can't hookshot anymore?

Edit: whoa, I know how to deal with him now, excellent idea! Thanks for the amazing campaign, have a lot of fun playing it.

Last edited:

Bawbz

Hosted Project: SB
Level 13
I guess you're not active anymore... Too bad. this is one of the top 3 campaigns I have ever played.

Thanks for making this!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

I check back here every now and then, but I have no plans to finish the campaign, unfortunately. I absolutely loved my time making it, though. I am in the process of making Thievery the Platformer, however, which is a standalone game.

Level 3
Hi, firstly i must thank for this amazing campaign! Then, if someone is still coming here, i'd like to ask for help. I am stuck at chapter 5 at collecting tesla parts. After i collected first part, i have nowhere to go. All other ordinary gates are shut(to the wall, the second library, to room with statue). I used reveal map cheat but still cant go forward.

Bawbz

Level 13
Hi, firstly i must thank for this amazing campaign! Then, if someone is still coming here, i'd like to ask for help. I am stuck at chapter 5 at collecting tesla parts. After i collected first part, i have nowhere to go. All other ordinary gates are shut(to the wall, the second library, to room with statue). I used reveal map cheat but still cant go forward.

Have you collected the key yet from that large center area where the broken teslanaut resides?

Level 3
you mean from one of the guards, which led to room with that exposives shop and 1 part, that one i collected
and the closed doors are clasic gates, not iron gates, which need keys.
gate1
gate2
gate3

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok so Im no chapter 3 and I think its bugged. The part where the is a risen guard next to a switch and there is a platform that elevates you to a combination of 3 other switches, each located on the elft, right and bottom - SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW STOP READING AT THIS POINT:

I pushed the catapult into that boxy-area and i stepped on the switches but the catapult's position remains facing forward thus I can't destroy the gate. Ive literally tried everything and have come to the conclusion that it's bugged for not doing so. Would appreciate some help because the campaign is absolutely flawless in every respect.

Bawbz

Level 13
Ok so Im no chapter 3 and I think its bugged. The part where the is a risen guard next to a switch and there is a platform that elevates you to a combination of 3 other switches, each located on the elft, right and bottom - SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW STOP READING AT THIS POINT:

I pushed the catapult into that boxy-area and i stepped on the switches but the catapult's position remains facing forward thus I can't destroy the gate. Ive literally tried everything and have come to the conclusion that it's bugged for not doing so. Would appreciate some help because the campaign is absolutely flawless in every respect.
Hey MiloShot,

I believe I know where you are. Are you sure that the catapult has "snapped" into place before you stepped on the switches? Do the switches move up and down?

Level 1
Hey MiloShot,

I believe I know where you are. Are you sure that the catapult has "snapped" into place before you stepped on the switches? Do the switches move up and down?
Hey ogre bob, yes i've put him into place and he still doesnt budge. I've tried other things like stepping on the switches before i snap him into place.

Bawbz

Level 13
Just to confirm, do you mind posting a screenshot of the situation you are stuck at? Also, do you have an earlier save?

Thanks for your time dealing with this issue. If it is indeed a bug, it isn't one I've ever encountered before.

Edit: Actually, here's an idea. If you are where I think you are, then the catapult you have was taken from the previous room. There should be a lever in that room that resets the catapult's position. Have you tried resetting it and trying again?

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

Hey Tom, thanks for playing the map.

I'd love to help you figure out how to progress, but I need a little bit more information. Can you describe the situation you're in where you can't kill the final boss? What happened to get you to that point? How far along in the boss fight are you?

Sorry for off topic but i just want to know.Any chance to see continuation of this?

Level 3
In part 3, the area after the one which there’s 2 necromancers, An elite skeleton,And a meat wagon, I can’t find a way to open the door to the next area. I have tried anything isn’t working. Am I missing something?
I will just throw some hint:
The meat wagon is the key.
If you really cant solve it, just post here again and i will help you further.

Level 5
I will just throw some hint:
The meat wagon is the key.
If you really cant solve it, just post here again and i will help you further.
I did use the meat wagon in any way I could before I came here. When i moved it up using the elevator and placed it between the four blocks, I attacked it and it moved instead of firing It did spin though but that was it. So I assumed maybe there was something actually wrong. Iam mistaken probably.

Level 3
Good, you have the main work behind you! Now you should focus on what blocks your way forward to dungeon, once you realise it, i am sure you will know what to do :)

Level 2
hi, First of all thnak you so much for making this custom campaign. It is really amazing and it is a fun way to break the usual build army and defeat foes. great job and hoping to see more stuff in future.

Level 3
This game is nice! But i have problem in chapter into the fire.. I can't solve the book problem because there is no hint or how to solve it so.. Can you help me?

Level 21
I really enjoyed this campaign and it belongs in the upper echelon of the best available ones to play even in 2020. The puzzles are unique, very well crafted, and rewarding to solve along with hidden side objectives to complete.

While I do like the Ankh system for the majority of the missions, I feel that it does not do well with the boss fights at all, which are terribly punishing with absolutely no time to learn what to do in many cases before you are one-shot to death within 3-5 seconds of entering an arena or the boss entering a new phase. I think these boss situations fall victim to a classic mapmaking pitfall where things of course seem plain and obvious to anyone who knows the solution, but it's simply impossible to rewind the clock and get into the mindset of someone who has no idea and needs to experiment.

To be clear, I don't think unlimited Ankhs is the answer as it's a great system for every part of each map besides the bosses. I realize this is an old campaign that will not be updated, but a couple solutions could be to either make the bosses Ankh-less with unlimited respawns or to decrease boss damage so they don't all instakill you with every attack they do. To balance the former option, the player could be forced to restart the boss fight if they die until they can do it without dying, but with those unlimited reloads. To balance the latter, boss attacks could not instakill for the first 30-60 seconds of the arena to at least allow the player to experiment with what to even do before they're punished for it

In any case, I spent too much of this review dwelling on what I found to be the only negative, when it is otherwise filled with top tier content. 5/5, would recommend to anyone who isn't put off by puzzles or unforgiving stealth.

Last edited:
Level 24
I have to say, I enjoyed this campaing, because I like solve puzzles, even if sometimes gets so heavy, the story is simple and basic, but it make it easy to follow, and is stressing that the distraction ability have too much cooldown, I don't know why, is not like spam it will make the map easier.

Anyway, the problem is I didn't end it because I got stucked in some part of the 3rd level in the part of the elite skeleton and the plataform that goes up and there are 3 buttons in the floor and you press one and other goes up, and I don't find the answer

Bawbz

Level 13
I have to say, I enjoyed this campaing, because I like solve puzzles, even if sometimes gets so heavy, the story is simple and basic, but it make it easy to follow, and is stressing that the distraction ability have too much cooldown, I don't know why, is not like spam it will make the map easier.

Anyway, the problem is I didn't end it because I got stucked in some part of the 3rd level in the part of the elite skeleton and the plataform that goes up and there are 3 buttons in the floor and you press one and other goes up, and I don't find the answer
Can you post a screenshot of the area you are stuck at?

Level 29

What game/patch version have you tried it on? Older version (1.26-1.27) or even 1.31.1?
The latter version might be the reason the gameplay is not working because of the bug:
1.31.1 [Bug] Loading saved game breaks some unit events

Level 24
What game/patch version have you tried it on? Older version (1.26-1.27) or even 1.31.1?
The latter version might be the reason the gameplay is not working because of the bug:
1.31.1 [Bug] Loading saved game breaks some unit events
Edit maybe the reason of the bug is because I am constanly saving/loading, call it lame but if my options are doing that and have a limited lifes and do all again, what should I preffer?

Level 29
Edit maybe the reason of the bug is because I am constanly saving/loading, call it lame but if my options are doing that and have a limited lifes and do all again, what should I preffer?
You'll have to change all unit-specific event triggers to unit-generic event triggers, but this is extremely difficult.